Multi Engine & Time Building? Multiengine.net

Old October 13th 05, 07:38 PM
NW_PILOT

Default Multi Engine & Time Building? Multiengine.net

Hello, Everyone I am getting ready to do my Multi Engine then do some time
building right after that dose anyone recommend a good place to go and build
time that is cost effective after getting the multi engine?

I only found 1 place http://www.multiengine.net/ it costs $350.00 for a
check out and $3,500 for 100 hours of Multi Engine Time. Has anyone dealt
with multiengine.net?

Steven Rhine
CP-ASEL-IA

Old October 13th 05, 08:17 PM
Sylvain

NW_PILOT wrote:
Hello, Everyone I am getting ready to do my Multi Engine then do some time
building right after that dose anyone recommend a good place to go and build
time that is cost effective after getting the multi engine?

here is a suggestion: get a buddy in the same situation, and
fly with him/her with one of the two under the hood at all
time; both of you can log PIC and sharing the cost...

--Sylvain
Old October 13th 05, 08:43 PM
NW_PILOT

"Sylvain" wrote in message
NW_PILOT wrote:
Hello, Everyone I am getting ready to do my Multi Engine then do some

time
building right after that dose anyone recommend a good place to go and

build
time that is cost effective after getting the multi engine?

here is a suggestion: get a buddy in the same situation, and
fly with him/her with one of the two under the hood at all
time; both of you can log PIC and sharing the cost...

--Sylvain

I thought of that and it don't seem to economical with the cost of renting
the airplane & building the 25 hours In type, finding someone to fly with
that has the required time ect. It seems that the best deal going is
multiengine.net so I guess I just need feedback on that company before I lay
my hard earned cash down.

$3,500 for 100 hours of Multi Time seems to be a very good buy almost to
good to be true! Set off that big bull shi* indicator in my head I thought
would do some checking to see if it is a to good to be try type of deal.

Old October 13th 05, 08:43 PM

Go over to flightinfo.com and ask around. Somebody over there will
know...

Old October 13th 05, 08:54 PM
Jim Burns

I'm sure that is a dry rate and even at that it also sets off my BS meter.
Add $100 per hour for fuel (25 gph x $4) and I still don't see how they
could do it for $135 per hour wet in a TwinCo. Maybe in a clapped out
Apache on autogas.
Jim

Old October 13th 05, 08:57 PM
Jim Burns

oups.com...

or http://www.ilsapproach.com/forum/index.cgi?index

Old October 13th 05, 09:28 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message
Hello, Everyone I am getting ready to do my Multi Engine then do some time
building right after that dose anyone recommend a good place to go and
build
time that is cost effective after getting the multi engine?

I only found 1 place http://www.multiengine.net/ it costs $350.00 for a
check out and $3,500 for 100 hours of Multi Engine Time. Has anyone dealt
with multiengine.net?

Steven Rhine
CP-ASEL-IA

There has to be a catch. That's only $35/hr even if they are doing the two
pilots/one under the hood thing that is only $70/hr for a twin. I say it
must in some way be a rip off.

Ask them for some names of those who have done it.

Old October 13th 05, 09:55 PM
Robert M. Gary

That's $35/hr per pilot. So $70/hr dry. Seems a bit cheap but you don't
know what the plane is really like. Probably the best way to do it is
to buy a twin with someone you know. Fly the hell out of it for a
couple months and then sell it quick before anything breaks. I've known
people who have done this and ended up selling it for the same price
they bought it for. Expect to pay around $4000/yr for insurance so
don't hold the plane for long. In California you must get a dealer
license to do this, otherwise you're paying 8% sales tax on the
transaction.

-Robert

Old October 13th 05, 11:38 PM
Robert M. Gary

here is a suggestion: get a buddy in the same situation, and
fly with him/her with one of the two under the hood at all
time; both of you can log PIC and sharing the cost...

That's what the rates on multiengine.net are based on. All rates are
quoted 1/2 assuming two pilots sharing the cost. If you get your MEI
you can also log PIC while the other guys logs PIC too. A good reason
for the MEI.

-Robert

Old October 14th 05, 03:08 PM

Steve,
Under the Flight Program it says "We fly offshore 5-7 hours a day.
You will be the Flying Pilot for each of these flights, from KGLS to
the return leg of the same. All flight[s] have a 7AM local show for
that flight, and should return the same day..."

It looks to me like this company is ferrying parts or people, most
likely part 91, and is willing to let you fly for them (probably with a
company pilot), everyday at 7AM, and you pay them for the experience.
Not a bad deal if you want to move to Galveston and pay someone to
work.

Mitch - we rent a PA23-150 for $135 wet
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChickashaWings

NTSB: USAF included? Larry Dighera Piloting 10 September 11th 05 10:33 AM
Emergency Procedures RD Piloting 13 April 11th 04 08:25 PM
Time Building Multi Engine Midway Aviators Piloting 0 March 9th 04 05:54 AM