A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Piloting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Electric flight is coming



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 18th 10, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 815
Default Electric flight is coming

Electric planes will fly circles around gasoline planes in
the near future.

"In the drive to devise more efficient and durable batteries, one
promising option uses carbon nanotubes, which not only can store far
more electricity by weight than lithium ion batteries but also retain
their charge for a much longer time."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...charging-ahead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Pb_psj1A8
---
Mark
Ads
  #2  
Old September 18th 10, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 815
Default Electric flight is coming

On Sep 18, 9:33*am, Mark wrote:
Electric planes will fly circles around gasoline planes in
the near future.

"In the drive to devise more efficient and durable batteries, one
promising option uses carbon nanotubes, which not only can store far
more electricity by weight than lithium ion batteries but also retain
their charge for a much longer time."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-talk-charging....


Also, I included this video for conceptualization purposes only.
The battery pack weighs 200lbs. In 10 years this will make a good
comedy film. It's like looking at a steam engine in a volkswagon.
(however it does fly) The new generation of technology will shrink
that battery pack down to 5lbs, and the size of a cigar box.
Once that occurs, you will see power beyond your imagination
that will outrun a Cessna Corvalis TT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Pb_psj1A8

---
Mark


  #3  
Old September 18th 10, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 190
Default Electric flight is coming

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 06:33:10 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

Electric planes will fly circles around gasoline planes in
the near future.


"Pigs will bear wings and do loopedy-loops around Mars and Venus".

*nyuk*
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Motto: Live To Spooge It!
  #4  
Old September 18th 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,877
Default Electric flight is coming

Mark wrote:
Electric planes will fly circles around gasoline planes in
the near future.

"In the drive to devise more efficient and durable batteries, one
promising option uses carbon nanotubes, which not only can store far
more electricity by weight than lithium ion batteries but also retain
their charge for a much longer time."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...charging-ahead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Pb_psj1A8
---
Mark


This "news" is over 6 years old and no progress on a commercial product.

Yet another technology that will go main stream any day now like fusion.



--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
  #5  
Old September 18th 10, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 530
Default Electric flight is coming

In article
,
Mark wrote:

On Sep 18, 9:33*am, Mark wrote:
Electric planes will fly circles around gasoline planes in
the near future.

"In the drive to devise more efficient and durable batteries, one
promising option uses carbon nanotubes, which not only can store far
more electricity by weight than lithium ion batteries but also retain
their charge for a much longer time."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-talk-charging...


Also, I included this video for conceptualization purposes only.
The battery pack weighs 200lbs. In 10 years this will make a good
comedy film. It's like looking at a steam engine in a volkswagon.
(however it does fly) The new generation of technology will shrink
that battery pack down to 5lbs, and the size of a cigar box.
Once that occurs, you will see power beyond your imagination
that will outrun a Cessna Corvalis TT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Pb_psj1A8

---
Mark


When are we going to have the dilithium crystals necessary for this
technology?

Battery weight is simply a matter of chemistry -- and that imposes
severe limits on its ability to carry charge.
  #6  
Old September 18th 10, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 815
Default Electric flight is coming

On Sep 18, 1:29*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
Electric planes will fly circles around gasoline planes in
the near future.


"In the drive to devise more efficient and durable batteries, one
promising option uses carbon nanotubes, which not only can store far
more electricity by weight than lithium ion batteries but also retain
their charge for a much longer time."


https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-talk-charging....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Pb_psj1A8
---
Mark


This "news" is over 6 years old and no progress on a commercial product.


Query: Then why is it dated April 2010??


Yet another technology that will go main stream any day now like fusion.


ITYM Cold fusion, which is theoretical. Carbon technology is real.

---

Mark

--
Jim Pennino



  #7  
Old September 18th 10, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 815
Default Electric flight is coming

On Sep 18, 1:34*pm, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,





*Mark wrote:
On Sep 18, 9:33*am, Mark wrote:
Electric planes will fly circles around gasoline planes in
the near future.


"In the drive to devise more efficient and durable batteries, one
promising option uses carbon nanotubes, which not only can store far
more electricity by weight than lithium ion batteries but also retain
their charge for a much longer time."


https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-talk-charging...


Also, I included this video for conceptualization purposes only.
The battery pack weighs 200lbs. In 10 years this will make a good
comedy film. It's like looking at a steam engine in a volkswagon.
(however it does fly) *The new generation of technology will shrink
that battery pack down to 5lbs, and the size of a cigar box.
Once that occurs, you will see power beyond your imagination
that will outrun a Cessna Corvalis TT.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Pb_psj1A8


---
Mark


When are we going to have the dilithium crystals necessary for this
technology?


As soon as you improve your popcorn.

Battery weight is simply a matter of chemistry -- and that imposes
severe limits on its ability to carry charge.


No sir that isn't correct. Battery weight is the mass of the
container and it's contents. The chemistry is optional.
The charge is electrical. It may exist in highly efficient
molecular structures superior to the lead and acid water
of the 1800's.

---
Mark

  #8  
Old September 18th 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,877
Default Electric flight is coming

Mark wrote:
On Sep 18, 1:29*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
Electric planes will fly circles around gasoline planes in
the near future.


"In the drive to devise more efficient and durable batteries, one
promising option uses carbon nanotubes, which not only can store far
more electricity by weight than lithium ion batteries but also retain
their charge for a much longer time."


https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-talk-charging...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Pb_psj1A8
---
Mark


This "news" is over 6 years old and no progress on a commercial product.


Query: Then why is it dated April 2010??


Because you are to stupid to back track the story to find that the original
announcement was made in 2005.



Yet another technology that will go main stream any day now like fusion.


ITYM Cold fusion, which is theoretical. Carbon technology is real.


Any controlled fusion.

Cold fusion isn't theoretical, it is fantasy.



--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
  #9  
Old September 18th 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 815
Default Electric flight is coming

On Sep 18, 2:19*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
This "news" is over 6 years old and no progress on a commercial product.

  #10  
Old September 18th 10, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 815
Default Electric flight is coming

On Sep 18, 2:19*pm, wrote:

Because you are to stupid to back track the story to find that the original
announcement was made in 2005.


The word "to" indicates direction, indicates position, or
forms an infinitive. The word "two" sounds just like it.
It represents the numerical value between one and
three.

I think the word you were grasping for is "too". It can
mean, "as well", "more than is desired", or "extremely".
It sounds just like the former two words. Hope this
helps. Best of luck to you and your partner, Butt-head.

---
Mark

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SoLong Solar-Electric UAV 48 hour flight Larry Dighera Piloting 6 September 25th 16 08:01 PM
Coming in..... Canuck[_3_] Aviation Photos 6 December 17th 08 04:57 PM
Additional ClearNav First Flight Uints Coming Soon Paul Remde Soaring 2 August 19th 08 07:39 PM
anyone coming from CA to NY? Tim Mara Soaring 0 January 20th 05 03:41 PM
More changes coming ... Mike Weeks Naval Aviation 0 June 21st 04 06:56 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.