"Photo of Kerry with Fonda enrages Vietnam veterans"

Old February 13th 04, 10:50 PM
Cub Driver

The New York Times published the pretty picture of Jane with a toothy
young Kerry behind her in today's paper, along with a story.

You might have to sign in to read it, but hey! you ought to be
registered with the NYT in any event.

http://tinyurl.com/375q3

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old February 14th 04, 03:45 AM
Marc Reeve

George Z. Bush wrote:
S. Sampson wrote:
"George Z. Bush" wrote
S. Sampson wrote:
"Stephen Harding" wrote

I think many people of 1970 would never have believed being
anti-war would be a negative attribute in the future.

It was more than anti-war. Kerry was against representative
government, and thought that a vocal minority should have more power
than the silent majority of the republic. He was anti-government.
His view of government, like all communists, is that a Central
Planning Authority should distribute the revenue to the communes
(Party organs), rather than capitalists determining what was viable
based on the market. It's the classic serfdom versus freedom struggle
(communists versus capitalists).

Kerry's voting record is pure communism. He is a communist.

You got any way of proving any of what you're saying

Yes.

or are you making it all up as you go along?

No.

So, how about sharing your proof with us? How are we supposed to know
what's true and what's not if you don't share with us? I especially want
to know how a guy from Boston who's supposed to be a zillionaire is knee
deep in share and share alike like all good commies are but still has
piles of the big bucks. C'mon, don't hold out on us.....inquiring minds
want to know! How can he be a true commie and still be rich?

Well, he did marry rather well...

-Marc
--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is
Old February 14th 04, 08:05 AM
George Z. Bush

Marc Reeve wrote:
George Z. Bush wrote:
S. Sampson wrote:
"George Z. Bush" wrote
S. Sampson wrote:
[...]

He was a millionaire in his own right before he married into the Heinz fortune.
In other words, you were just blowing smoke.

George Z.

Old February 14th 04, 10:30 AM
Steve R.

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
He was a millionaire in his own right before he married into the Heinz

fortune.
In other words, you were just blowing smoke.

George Z.

I guess the $300 million that John Kerry's first wife Julia Thorne was worth
had nothing to do with it?

Monday, May 12, 2003 2:08 PM
...."But the press has been far kinder to Democratic presidential
front-runner John Kerry, who, according to published accounts going back
more than a decade, began extricating himself from his first marriage to
Philadelphia heiress Julia Thorne at the same time she was battling a case
of depression so debilitating that it drove her to the brink of suicide.
In an attempt to explain why he decided not to let his wife's precarious
mental state derail his 1982 bid to become Michael Dukakis' lieutenant
governor, Kerry told the New Yorker magazine last December, "When I get
focused and set out to do something, I'm pretty good at staying focused."

"You don't want to let yourself down, you know what I'm saying?" added the
ambitious Democrat without a hint of irony.

Thorne, whose family is reportedly worth $300 million, married Kerry in
1970. According the New Yorker's Joe Klein, the couple's friends said Julia
was not a typical political wife.

"There were times at dinner parties when John would be very pompous, unable
to control his impulse to make a speech," one acquaintance told the writer.
"It was all slightly laughable, and Julia was one of those who laughed.
She'd say things like, 'What the f--k did you just say?'"

Kerry's career focus was so intense that Thorne apparently felt she was an
impediment to her husband's ambitions. In her 1994 book about that period in
her life, titled "You Are Not Alone," she wrote:

"I could no longer pretend I was of use to my husband or my children. ... I
knew that, once I was gone, my family and friends would be relieved of the
burden of my incompetency."

By Thorne's own account, she began to contemplate suicide a full two years
before Kerry ratcheted up his 1982 campaign. Reviewing her book shortly
after it was published, the Boston Globe reported: "One night in 1980, Julia
Thorne put her children to bed and then sat on the edge of her own bed to
contemplate suicide. She was exhausted - overwhelmed by despair,
self-loathing and pain. She wanted to lie down. Curl up. Sleep forever."

The Kerrys were separated in 1982 but didn't divorce until 1988.

Press summaries of the New Yorker report focused on other details of Kerry's
life story, such as his Vietnam heroism. Most omitted any mention of Kerry's
first wife altogether, a fact that likely pleased the Massachusetts
Democrat. "Kerry is understandably loath to talk about the details of the
marriage," noted Klein.

"an anguished letter" of protest to the magazine. Thorne's two daughters by
Kerry also registered their displeasure. Their mother, who has since
conquered her depression and is happily remarried and living in Montana,
told the Globe, "I support John's [presidential] candidacy, and I believe in
John's candidacy. I think he is an immensely talented statesman, and I am
100 percent behind him."

But previous reports indicate that Thorne had problems with Kerry even after
they split 21 years ago.

During the period the Kerrys were separated, for instance, the senator
apparently felt little constrained by his marital vows. Gossip columns at
the time linked him to Morgan Fairchild, Cornelia Guest and even President
Reagan's liberal daughter, Patti Davis. An upcoming Boston Globe expose will
reportedly feature details of the Massachusetts Democrat's 1980s affair with
a 25-year-old British reporter.

According to a previous account offered by the paper, the fact that Kerry
was still technically married till 1988 "reportedly came as a surprise to
some of his frequent companions."

Just weeks before his May 26, 1995, remarriage to Ketchup heiress Theresa
Heinz, Thorne took Kerry to court in a bid for an increase in child support
payments, arguing that "his income was up substantially," according to the
Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

Both Kerry and Thorne denied that the lawsuit had anything to do with Heinz
or her fortune.

But friction arose again two years later when Kerry, a Catholic, applied to
the Washington, D.C., archdiocese to have his marriage to Thorne annulled,
even though the couple had two grown daughters.

Thorne "has written a letter of opposition to the archdiocese because she
feels the process demeans their relationship and their children," reported
the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in 1997.

The paper blamed Kerry's new wife on the annulment bid. His office issued a
terse statement: "Sen. Kerry very much understands Julia's feelings and
appreciates her support. Sen. Kerry believes that this is a private family
matter."

The Washington Times noted in a Kerry profile several years ago that his
critics consider him "a ruthless political opportunist." Given some of the
more obscure details of Kerry's first marriage, that assessment may not be
too far off the mark.

Old February 15th 04, 02:28 AM
Marc Reeve

George Z. Bush wrote:
Marc Reeve wrote:
George Z. Bush wrote:
S. Sampson wrote:
"George Z. Bush" wrote
S. Sampson wrote:
[...]

I have heard that, while there was a certain amount of family money (his
mother was a Forbes, after all), most of his fortune came from his first
wife, Julia Thorne. I may be incorrect in that.

There was a certain amount of snarkiness in my original reply, yes.

-Marc

Old February 15th 04, 04:02 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Marc Reeve" wrote in message
. ..
George Z. Bush wrote:
Marc Reeve wrote:
George Z. Bush wrote:

us.....inquiring minds want to know! How can he be a true commie and
still be rich?

Well, he did marry rather well...

He was a millionaire in his own right before he married into the Heinz
fortune. In other words, you were just blowing smoke.

I have heard that, while there was a certain amount of family money (his
mother was a Forbes, after all), most of his fortune came from his first
wife, Julia Thorne. I may be incorrect in that.

This article claims Kerry was broke after he left Thorne:

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/op...ists/17337.htm

Old February 22nd 04, 01:09 AM
Merlin Dorfman

Grantland ) wrote:

: Kerry will make a wonderful 2-term President;

Would Grantland say this if he knew that Kerry had two Jewish
grandparents?

Old February 22nd 04, 05:58 AM
Grantland

Merlin Dorfman wrote:

Grantland ) wrote:

: Kerry will make a wonderful 2-term President;

Would Grantland say this if he knew that Kerry had two Jewish
grandparents?

Dean has a Jew wife. Wesley has two Jew parents. The Jews crawl like
maggotts all over the body politic. And Edwards is a shiny-faced
pathetic featherweight.
'Best of a rotten lot. Anyone who's name is not "Bush", brain-dead
slave of the Jew neo-cons.

Grantland
Grantland