Glider flight software on non PDA devices- soon.

Old November 18th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
DRN

Default Glider flight software on non PDA devices- soon.

FYI:
http://www.nadler.com/Antares/YO_panel.jpg
Transponder goes in the blank at right.
See ya, Dave

PS: photo credit to BB.

PPS: Maybe John needs to upgrade to an Antares
now that he's hit the big time !
Old November 18th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]

On Nov 17, 5:09*pm, DRN wrote:
On Nov 17, 7:40*pm, Richard wrote:

Dave,

That is why I designed and manufacture the Ultimate no fussing. *We
could do a custom 24" *diagonal screen for you will all your available
battery power.

Unfortunately Richard, my glider, as with many popular
motorgliders, cannot accomodate this in the panel. Motor-
control, radio, transponder, full-size ASI, mini-Alt,
two mini-varios, and the ILEC SN10 fills the remaining
space...

Thanks for the offer though !
See ya, Dave "YO electric"

Dave,

We can pouch out the canopy and glob it on the the front of your
panel. I will promise to put a small 2" diagonal SN10 Black and White
Windows Window in the exact middle of the 24" diagonal screen.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old November 18th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303

FYI, I just installed a transponder and wondered about the power
budget of the IPAQ 310. With a dead battery it pulls .465 amp @ 12.5
volts and fully charged it pulled .27. This is with Bluetooth off,
backlight 100% on all the time and just using the car adapter,
measured from the battery to the car adapter.

The batteries in these are easy to change, like a cellphone, and
extended batteries are available with a replacement cover that sticks
out and won't allow the original mount to be used. It might be nice to
have the extended battery in a different mount. Right now with a
transponder, encoder, etc. my total power requirement is .9 amps with
the IPAQ running off the airplane battery and .62 without it.
Currently I have a newer 12AH battery that should easily run for an 8
hr. flight. So it seems logical to pull the aircraft power off the
IPAQ and maybe even run the vario from it's backup battery after 5 or
6 hours.

Old November 19th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Haley

At 23:01 17 November 2008, Richard wrote:
On Nov 17, 12:45=A0pm, Stephen Haley wrote:
Have been watching the threads on the 310 with interest - my google

trap
fror the 310 recently threw up a potential Portrait mode driver -
I dont have a 310 so this is UNTESTED
seehttp://kpr3712.npage.de/downloads_89312177.html

rgds
Stephen

Stephen,

Thanks it worked and the screen is rotated portrait running SeeYou
Mobile. It took a lot of fussing around.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Richard,
Would you be good enough to post the details of how you did it in the
seeyou PNA forum please to give the heads up to others that it is
possible
Might make the move after xmass.

Stephen