For Sale - Demo Cambridge 302 and 302A

Old November 20th 04, 02:20 PM
Paul Remde

Default For Sale - Demo Cambridge 302 and 302A

Hi,

I just received a batch of new Cambridge products and I really like the
small product improvements they've made. The cases of the new 302 and 302A
units are now painted with a textured black finish. The original design has
unpainted brushed aluminum finish cases. The black case will be especially
nice for 302A users who want the unit in the cockpit rather than behind the
panel because it is much less reflective.

Since I want to have the new "stealth" units as demonstrations units I now
have 2 demo units for sale.
- CAF-302E (knots, for gliders, not motorgliders), Calibration date: Feb.
5, 2004, This unit is in the original box with all the accessories. I used
it for testing with Glide Navigator II, pocket*StrePla, SeeYou Mobile, etc.
It has never been installed in a glider and looks new. List Price: $2375,
Used Price: $1975 ($400 off)

- CAF-302A, Calibration Date: Feb. 8, 2004, This unit has been used a few
times so it has a few very minor scratches on the sides of the case. The
front of the unit looks perfect so it will look perfect if it is installed
in the glider's instrument panel. I no longer have the original box but I
will provide the calibration document along with all accessories and a
manual. The antenna is currently mounted on the top of the unit with
double-sided tape. I can leave it on the top or remove it for you. List
Price: $895, Used Price: $595 ($300 off)

There are 3 minor disadvantages to buying these used units:
- They come with a 2 year warranty which now has 15 months remaining.
- They must be calibrated every 2 years so there are 15 months remaining
until they will need recalibration.
- They have a brushed aluminum finish to the cases which is not as nice as
the new black textured finish.

I have tried to set the prices at levels that will make them a good value.

I am a Cambridge dealer and I will stand behind these units - but the
warranty covers everything anyway.

Both units have the latest version of firmware installed and work perfectly.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com