Good for another 2 years

Old November 13th 05, 02:44 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Good for another 2 years

From your post, though, it seems that your normal vision is ok -- you just
need reading glasses.

Bwa-ha-haaaa!

I can't see ANYTHING without my glasses, beyond about 6 inches. 2000 years
ago, I'd be dead by now, simply because no one would want to hunt for me
anymore...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
"George Patterson" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:

Can anyone recommend "progressive" bi-focals?

The best results I've gotten are from these. I've tried the type of
bifocals that have a small circular reading section. Hated them because I
had to move my head back and forth to read. I tried trifocals. These were
fine during the day, but one of the lines went right across the brake
lights of cars in front of me at night, unless I held my head perfectly
(and uncomfortably) upright.

The type I have are called by a name similar to "natural", but, of course,
I don't recall what it is.

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your
neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.

Old November 13th 05, 02:45 PM
Jay Honeck

Jay has this fruit diet that's a real winner. Eat as much fruit as you
want all day long except for supper. Eat anything you want for supper, but
only fruit the rest of the day.

Bingo!

It's sooo easy to stick to, as long as you keep an ample supply of apples,
bananas, and carmel-corn-flavored rice cakes around. I'm NEVER hungry, and
the weight has stayed off.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 13th 05, 04:30 PM
N93332

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Anyway, after it was all over, my glasses are fine and I left with my
Class
2 in my pocket. Slight low freq hearing loss in my left ear, and blood
pressure lower than average.

They should have measured the blood pressure after the vision check... ;-)

I went to a 'new' AME for my 3rd class a few months ago. I was also worried
about passing the 20/40 required for 3rd but was tested and passed at 20/20.

Old November 13th 05, 05:18 PM
Jim Burns

Rofl! 2000 years ago I'd have been just as dead. You'd have been named
Marco, and I'd have been named Polo and I'm afraid we'd have been
vegetarians because plants would be the only things we could sneak up on.

I took my physical a week ago, and the only thing I was worried about was my
eyesight. Class 2 requires vision corrected to 20/20 and I hadn't been to
the eye doctor in ages, so I had no idea whether my current glasses were up
to par. I wasn't worried too bad, because I really don't need a class 2, so
I left the application blank and if I my glasses didn't correct to 20/20,
I'd simply get a class 3 medical.

So, the Dr has me lean into the vision device and asks me if, with my right
eye, glasses on, I can read the top row of letters, the huge ones....
Nope... can't see a dang thing. He says "hmmm" Ok, left eye... nope not a
dang thing. So I tell him, that I really didn't think that there were any
letters there and he says "hmmm OOPS!" click, try now. Scared the crap
out of me, here I had thought I was going blind and he didn't have the
device set up correctly.

Ok, now which musical note is the arrow over.... um... um... I don't see any
notes, just the bars. OOPS! click, try now. Once again I'm wondering if
I'm blinder than I thought I was.

Anyway, after it was all over, my glasses are fine and I left with my Class
2 in my pocket. Slight low freq hearing loss in my left ear, and blood
pressure lower than average.

Jim

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
From your post, though, it seems that your normal vision is ok -- you

just

Old November 13th 05, 05:21 PM
Jim Burns

I'm just about in the same boat, except I've always declared open season on
salt. My kids laugh at me constantly because I put salt on everything.
They simply won't even try salt on watermelon or apples, they think I'm
nuts.
Jim

"Michelle P" wrote in message
ink.net...
Jay,
My General Physician warned me that if my blood pressure went any lower
that he would have to put me on medication. he declared open season on

Salt!
Michelle ;-)

Jay Honeck wrote:

Got the 3rd class medical renewed a coupla days ago.

Blood pressu NORMAL.

Yeah, baby -- and without meds! Whoo-hoo!

:-)

Old November 13th 05, 05:33 PM
Chris

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have my Class 2 renewal in January and have been wondering what a
difference the presbyopia that I started noticing in low light a couple
of
years back will make in my vision test. Thankfully my distance vision
has
thus remained 20/20 and except for the low-light small text presbyopia
thing,,, my near vision is quite good.

Yeah, my near-vision has gone completely to crap in the last few years.
I still don't wear bi-focals, but both my eye and medical doctors told
me that my days are, indeed, numbered.

I can't see diddly on a sectional anymore without holding it four
inches from my eyes. Can anyone recommend "progressive" bi-focals?
How about TRI-focals? Any benefit there?

With a correction of -6.50 my eyes are crap but the varifocals I wear are
excellent. Not bifocals not trifocals. Best thing I ever got.

Old November 13th 05, 09:26 PM
Private

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Got the 3rd class medical renewed a coupla days ago.

Blood pressu NORMAL.

Yeah, baby -- and without meds! Whoo-hoo!

Nicely done.

Remember, "everything in aviation requires maintenance".

Happy landings,

Old November 13th 05, 09:29 PM
Private

"Cecil Chapman" wrote in message
om...
Congrats on the renewal on the 3rd class! BTW (as I'm sure you may have
discovered), losing any gut you may have accumulated through the years can
affect blood pressure appreciably. Mine was never high, but when I
recently worked at losing about 20 lbs - the blood pressure went down
appreciably.

snip

Old November 13th 05, 10:28 PM
Sylvain

Jay Honeck wrote:
I can't see ANYTHING without my glasses, beyond about 6 inches. 2000 years
ago, I'd be dead by now, simply because no one would want to hunt for me
anymore...

2000 years ago, hunting & gathering was kindof passe in most parts;
i.e., you might have been running an Inn as well, with a few slaves
to boot which helps with keeping costs in check, and who you could
have sent to the local shop or market to buy your food like any
civilized person; you could also get a cataract operation done in
those days and some kind of corrective lenses as well. Even the
post office was running better than today in most parts of Europe.
Only snag really, is that flying was still limited to birds.

--Sylvain
Old November 13th 05, 11:07 PM
Montblack

("Jim Burns" wrote)
....and blood pressure lower than average.

Lower average than the old numbers? Or, lower average than the new obesity
epidemic numbers? g

Montblack