please stop bashing France

Old October 16th 03, 09:31 PM
guy wastiaux

I don't know what are your references, but they certainly aren't to be
trusted. Try Le Monde for example : arguably the best daily available in
France, which is center-oriented, the most serious one. Not once, since
the beginning of the war and since 9/11 did I read articles that were
speaking of the US as the root of all evil on Earth....Now you figure

Chad Irby wrote:
In article ,
guy wastiaux wrote:

I'll admit something to please you : many ppl in France disagree with
the US position on Iraq, some quite violently. However, a lot of this
flaming comes from the lower, less-educated France (in my opinion).

I guess summing up most of France's media as "lower" and "less educated"
is pretty appropriate, then.

--
Guy Wastiaux
aka FauCon PoiLu

Old October 16th 03, 09:41 PM
guy wastiaux

What the hell do you think the US have done for the past 50 years ?
Asked other countries if they would like to discuss matters around a cup
of tea at the UN ?

BUFDRVR wrote:
Telling eastern Europe that if they want in to the EU they need to stop
supporting the US crosses the line from working in your own national self
interest to interfering in an other countries percieved national self
interest.
Totally unacceptable from a supposed "friendly" nation.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"

Old October 16th 03, 10:22 PM
BUFDRVR

Chirac's statement was a rather poor one but there was no "if they wanted to
be granted admission to the EU" part. France alone does not have the power
to forbid countries to enter the Union and the idea probably not even
seriously crossed Chirac's mind.

France may not have the ability to stop admission by themselves, but the intent
was clear; support the US and lose French support for EU admission.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old October 16th 03, 10:33 PM
BUFDRVR

What the hell do you think the US have done for the past 50 years ?
Asked other countries if they would like to discuss matters around a cup
of tea at the UN ?

You'll have to be specific in an instance where the United States of America
attempted to subvert another *friendly* nations foreign policy goal(s) simply
for the effect of subverting those goals.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old October 16th 03, 11:28 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"ArVa" wrote:

"Chad Irby" a écrit dans le message de
m...
Are you seriously denying that there was a French bashing campaign in
the US?

Yes. There was not, by any stretch, a campaign to bash the French for
their pathetic actions of this year.

Call me paranoid,

Okay, you're paranoid.

Glad that's settled.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old October 16th 03, 11:33 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
guy wastiaux wrote:

I don't know what are your references, but they certainly aren't to be
trusted. Try Le Monde for example : arguably the best daily available in
France, which is center-oriented, the most serious one. Not once, since
the beginning of the war and since 9/11 did I read articles that were
speaking of the US as the root of all evil on Earth....Now you figure

Read the editorials, especially the editorial cartoons.

Some of those were, quite frankly, insane.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old October 17th 03, 04:18 AM
phil hunt

On 16 Oct 2003 21:33:55 GMT, BUFDRVR wrote:
You'll have to be specific in an instance where the United States of America
attempted to subvert another *friendly* nations foreign policy goal(s) simply
for the effect of subverting those goals.

1956

(My real email address would be if you added 275
to it and reversed the last two letters).

Old October 17th 03, 08:24 AM
John Keeney

"phil hunt" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 03:54:40 GMT, Tank Fixer

wrote:

In case no one has mentioned it lately.

Your sentence no verb.

"Mentioned."

Thank you for you're support.

"Thank you for you are support."??

It is too bad it took nearly 50 years for Poland to gain it's freedom.

"It is too bad it took nearly 50 years for Poland to gain it is
freedom."??

I wonder how long it'll take for ****wit to learn elementary
grammar. Perhaps ****wit's as cultureless as it thinks the French
are.

Ah, grammar equates to culture, I hadn't realized that.