Buzzed?

Old April 17th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Default Buzzed?

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message ...
IMHO, the controller should have tracked the airplane to its landing, and had an FAA inspector find out what was going
on. Even better if the C172 pilot could get a good visual on it and identify the type (perhaps that did happen
later).

I would think that ATC would be informed regarding an intercept, and in any case jet or no jet, I would expect the
intercepting aircraft to be flying slower than 250 knots. Sure doesn't sound like an intercept to me.

Pete

Don't know what someone goofing off would be squawking altitude...

Old April 18th 06, 10:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ted wrote:

I was quite annoyed at his complete contempt for proper airport
procedures until I saw him use about 450 feet of runway to lift off.
His climb out was essentially vertical and in another few moments he
flew over my head and out of sight

So your annoyance turned to awe after seeing his T/O performance? G

I doubt that's any justification for what he did, if that's what you
meant.

Not a justification exactly but its hard to stay annoyed with someone who
just cut in front of you when a few moments later he is gone and out of
sight..

Old April 18th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

We used to have a pilot come buzz our airport is a small aerobatic
plane. Not sure the brand. He had total disregard to any traffic in the
area. He would get down to 20' and run the runway. He would fly over the
top of folks, run head-on to departing aircraft then abruptly turn away,
etc. Our airport enacted an ordinance against high speed flight below
pattern altitude. Well, his antics finally caught up with him. He was
doing low level aerobatics over a marina on a near by lake and he
crashed and killed himself. Luckily he missed anyone on the water or in
the marina.

Ross

Ted wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old April 18th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

On 2006-04-17, Mike Granby wrote:
So I'm flying IFR down V441 in Florida today, when I hear the
controller who's working me call traffic to a VFR airplane he's
providing with advisories.

Totally unrelated - but about 2 years ago, a friend of mine was flying
home (in a club C172) when the military controller he was getting radar
service off advised him of 'fast traffic' (a Tornado) that was passing
by. My friend made a sarcastic comment to the controller about the fast
traffic (I think the Tornado in question was flying relatively slowly).

A few minutes later, the C172 started rumbling. My friend started
looking around to see what could be making that sound when the planform
of a Tornado appeared in the windscreen, afterburners fully open!

That taught him about making sarcastic comments about fast military jets
to military controllers :-)

--
Dylan Smith, Port St Mary, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old April 18th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Ted wrote:

One day years ago after I did my runup in my little Cessna 152 and announced
my departure on runway 34 one of these little single seat buggers pulled out
onto the runway in front of me and took off. No waiting in line on the
taxiway for his turn, no radio calls, no nothing. I was quite annoyed at
his complete contempt for proper airport procedures until I saw him use
about 450 feet of runway to lift off. His climb out was essentially
vertical and in another few moments he flew over my head and out of sight.

http://www.if1airracing.com/IF1_Bio....0Hav en%20Bio

Your initial contempt was certainly justified. Why did his hot
performance temper your contempt for his arrogant disregard of safety
rules and common courtesy?
Old April 18th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Ted wrote:

Not a justification exactly but its hard to stay annoyed with someone who
just cut in front of you when a few moments later he is gone and out of
sight..

I don't get it. He is an asshole with bucks.
Old April 18th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Ross Richardson wrote:

We used to have a pilot come buzz our airport is a small aerobatic
plane. Not sure the brand. He had total disregard to any traffic in the
area. He would get down to 20' and run the runway. He would fly over the
top of folks, run head-on to departing aircraft then abruptly turn away,
etc. Our airport enacted an ordinance against high speed flight below
pattern altitude. Well, his antics finally caught up with him. He was
doing low level aerobatics over a marina on a near by lake and he
crashed and killed himself. Luckily he missed anyone on the water or in
the marina.

A death well deserved.

We had a AH from around here pull some low-flying crap a month, or so,
ago in Roseville, CA (near Sacramento). Unfortunately, he had a
passenger (who may have been an enabler). They died when they crashed
their "hottie" homebuilt into a home and also killed a totally innocent
19 year old young man asleep in his bedroom.
Old April 18th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...17X00210&key=1

Old April 18th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

In a previous article, "Matt Barrow" said:
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...17X00210&key=1

"One witness, located at the golf course indicated that he saw the
airplane make a 65-degree bank"

Not 60 degrees, not 70 degrees, but 65. Did he have a protractor with
him?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"All this news about Terri Schiavo, and i JUST realized that when they

Buzzed? Mike Granby Piloting 81 April 28th 06 12:35 AM
A4 just buzzed Mangere Airport Jeremy Thomson Military Aviation 3 July 10th 03 04:27 PM