Missing approach in Garmin 530 database

Old April 28th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Missing approach in Garmin 530 database

Barry wrote:

Note that this is not true of any other change in the approach -
changes in mins, procedures, frequencies, etc. will all get reflected
in the next printing cycle or CN.

Is this really true? If so, when did this policy come into effect? I'm
pretty sure that 10-15 years ago I encountered some procedure changes
(different missed approach, addition of "DME required") that remained as
published NOTAMs for many months.

You understand it correctly.
Old April 28th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Michael wrote:

Note that this is not true of any other change in the approach -
changes in mins, procedures, frequencies, etc. will all get reflected
in the next printing cycle or CN.

Is this really true?

Mostly. Oh, sure, sometimes it will take an extra cycle or two to get
around to it. After all, NACO moves at the speed of government.

If so, when did this policy come into effect? I'm
pretty sure that 10-15 years ago I encountered some procedure changes
(different missed approach, addition of "DME required") that remained as
published NOTAMs for many months.

But not years. It's policy to incorporate changes to an approach into
the next revision of the plate. As with everything else, sometimes
this doesn't happen on time, but they do make an effort.

Simply not the case.