The Oudies Have Arrived

Old April 14th 10, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob 7U

Default The Oudies Have Arrived

I know that I will get a 'grey' score using the GNII utility and I was
fairly certain that the ConnectMe download did the same thing.
I will try doing it both ways next weekend for sure.

Bob 7U

On Apr 14, 5:33*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi Bob,

I think you are doing something wrong in the flight log download. *A flight
log downloaded by ConnectMe is exactly the same as a flight log downloaded
by the 300 Utility. *I suspect that you are submitting a flight log
generated by the SeeYou Mobile "PDA logger".

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Bob 7U" wrote in message

Thanks Paul, thanks Richard,
I'm sure you will playing with these units in the days to come and
reporting back.

ConnectMe *works a charm with the only snag being that it produces a
'Grey' score line on the OLC.
Maybe this is something the OLC people can fix or Naviter might look
at including the ability to run the Cambridge utility.

Bob 7U

On Apr 14, 4:48 pm, Richard wrote:

On Apr 14, 1:37 pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:

Hi Bob,

I don't know for certain. The unit is setup to be specific to running
Mobile and ConnectMe. I don't see an easy way to access Windows File
Explorer to run the Cambridge 300 Utility and I don't know whether File
Explorer is even installed in the unit. It is possible to copy files to
the
Oudie, but I can't see a way to run them.

SeeYou ConnectMe will work fine, except that it can't check the flight
log
security after download.

Best Regards,

--
Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Bob 7U" wrote in message

Hi Paul,

Does it run the Cambridge flight download utility?
I know it will have ConnectMe but I was curious about running the
Cambridge software.

Bob 7U

On Apr 14, 12:28 pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:

Hi,

I just received my first batch of Naviter Oudies. They are very nice!
There are many small software tweaks that make them easier to use. For
example, when selecting the comm port (the default is the internal
GPS)
the
selection list includes text which clarifies how each port is used
(COM 1:
Internal, COM 4: Serial,
etc.).http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyou.htm

All 30 of the units received today have already been sold, but many
more
are
on the way to me which should arrive next week. They have not all been
sold
yet.

The supplied serial cable works well with a 302 or GPS-NAV but has
nuts on
the connector, so a straight through cable is required to connect it
to a
GPS-NAV. I have them in stock (see link below). The nuts can be
removed,
but then there is no simple way to secure it to the GPS-NAV. I feel
that
it
is important that a secure connection is made because you wouldn't
want it
to fall off in flight. The 12V power leads must be powered for the
cable
work. It supplies 5V power to the Oudie and also has a built-in RS-232
voltage level converter. I recommend this cable for use with the
Cambridge
GPS-NAV.http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/cai_prices.htm#HA-349

For the Cambridge 302 and other devices I recommend the Oudie-PS5a-1
cable
because they pass 5V power from the 302 to the Oudie. The 302 seems to
provide enough power for the Oudie as long as the Oudie is fully
charged
or
nearly so.http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/goddard.htm#Oudie-PS5a-1

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.- Hide quoted text -

Bob,

To run the CAI utility the correct nav path would have to be set and
certain .dlls would need to be auto installed. This is something we
would probably have to ask SeeYou to do.

I have the Ultimate running the CAI Utility, but I have much more
access to the operating system and the registry on the Ultimate.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

Old April 15th 10, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Bob,

GN II (and ConnectMe) can download a perfectly secure and legal flight log
from a 302. It would be identical to a flight log downloaded by the 300
Utility. I suspect that you are trying to submit a flight log generated by
GN II's "PDA logger". Take a look at the file name before you upload the
flight log. It should contain the serial number of the 302.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 16th 10, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Whatcott

Default PDAs for Flying (was The Oudies Have Arrived)

Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

I just received my first batch of Naviter Oudies./snip/
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyou.htm

All 30 of the units received today have already been sold

/snip/

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Paul's note reminded me of the impetus that this newsgroup provided
me not so long ago; and (among others) how useful Paul's hints on

In flying from Oklahoma to the Gulf last weekend, I finally had the
opportunity to check out the device that I had loaded.

Sure, not bright in sunlight, but usable. And the quasi-Primary Flight
Display (or call it a quasi-Attitude Director - ADI) was much less handy
than the moving map selection. Seeing a destination airfield on the nose
from 40 miles away was reassuring. In my case, when the Corpus Christi
ATIS warns arrivals not to mistake the similar looking Naval airfield 4
miles SW for Corpus International - that was visually obvious!

The difference that a power feed makes to GPS satellite capture was my
biggest surprise. When I added a simple Garmin for course to Airport,
distance to run, present track, and ETE, my security felt pretty much
iron-clad.

Brian W
Old April 17th 10, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PK

"Bob 7U" wrote in message

[...]

Richardwww.craggyaero.com- Hide quoted text -

WinPilot has their version of PNA offered on their website. I see
virtually no threads about it? Out of style? Any input????? 6PK
Old April 19th 10, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

"Bob 7U" wrote in message

[...]

virtually no threads about it? Out of style? Any input????? 6PK- Hide quoted text -

PK,

I use and sell both SeeYou & WinPilot. They both are great soaring
programs and run well on the CE 5.0 platforms. The CE 5.0 operating
system that the Oudie and WinPilot PNA use are in my opinion much more
stable that the Windows Mobile platforms. The WinPilot PNA is very
similiar to the Oudie. These devices are about the same as the PDAs
in the sunlight but are larger so easier to see and are much more
stable than the PDAs. Both programs also run well on the Craggy Aero
Ultimate which runs CE 5.0 and is the best available as far as
sunlight readabilty. I have compared to all the current devices
offered. The Ultimate is a SeeYou mobile supported device.

http://www.craggyaero.com/oudie.htm

http://www.craggyaero.com/WinPilot.htm

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm

Richard