ASK 21 grounded after November 30 ? ? ?

Old October 21st 18, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default ASK 21 grounded after November 30 ? ? ?

And opens fine with Safari on an iPad.
Old October 21st 18, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 7:59:53 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
And opens fine with Safari on an iPad.

Good on Firefox 62.0.3 on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Dan
Old October 21st 18, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I inquired about this with Schleicher. This is only an Australian response to superficial cracking in the thickend resin around the spar butt at the wing root. These cracks are the subject of conversation at nearly every annual inspection of all ASK 21s that I look at. They show up fairly early in the service life and I have never seen any of them become more than superficial.
Rex Mayes
Old October 22nd 18, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

The voice of reason.
Old October 28th 18, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Justin Couch

On Monday, 22 October 2018 15:07:20 UTC+11, Charles Longley wrote:
The voice of reason.

Unfortunately not. I inspected our club aircraft today. The crack has propagated into the bond between the root rib and the spar, right next to the front lift pin on both wings and is proceeding to zipper up the bond line. I'm aware of at least one other aircraft with exactly the same cracking. Happy to share high-res photos if anyone is interested. Far too big to post here. Ping me privately.
Old November 5th 18, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hartley Falbaum[_2_]

On Friday, October 19, 2018 at 1:15:04 PM UTC-4, Jock Proudfoot wrote:
Gliding International posted -ASK 21 is grounded after November 30

Who knows what ?

Justin:
Thanks for the photos. I inspected our ASK21, N612MG Sunday. One minuscule crack in the right wing, about 5mm long over the spar, not beyond the radius. Just barely visible with strong light and magnification. I didn't use my Oxygen-Acetylene torch, just a flashlight.
Cheers
Hartley Falbaum
Atlanta, GA, USA
Old February 13th 19, 09:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Munk

Default ASK 21 issues with cracks in wing root ribs

Technical Note issued by Schleicher. No AD yet. Inspection before December
31st, 2019.

https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/...210_TM41_E.pdf

Grounded! brian whatcott Piloting 1 April 2nd 10 04:59 PM
Grounded! brian whatcott Home Built 2 April 2nd 10 12:07 PM
Grounded! brian whatcott Owning 0 April 1st 10 11:19 PM
Grounded! brian whatcott General Aviation 0 April 1st 10 11:19 PM
T-34's Grounded Juan Jimenez General Aviation 7 December 13th 04 05:32 PM