Cherokee Flies

Old April 19th 10, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Cherokee Flies

First flight after recover in the Cherokee today in Marfa. Late day
launch but still got an hour with a climb from 1500 AGL to 5400
(10,200 MSL). Not too shabby and had a great time gaggling with
friends. The glider flies great, very smooth at low speeds and i was
able to circle slower than ever. Internet connection is spotty here
but i'll try to upload pictures sometime this week to the blog.
Meanwhile I'm flying with my SPOT tracker in track mode (if I remember
to turn it on before takeoff) and posting to the OLC.
Old April 19th 10, 05:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT[_3_]

Congrats Tony... it was a busy winter to get everything done..
You know you could not have done it without your new bride..
She gets all the credit..
BT

Old April 19th 10, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vaughn[_3_]

"Tony" wrote in message
First flight after recover in the Cherokee today in Marfa. Late day
launch but still got an hour with a climb from 1500 AGL to 5400
(10,200 MSL).

Congratulations! It has been fun following your progress.

Vaughn

Old April 20th 10, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Bill,

right you are, and there were several other friends who made the
project happen and are the only reason the glider is here. can't thank
them enough.

Today was a weird day. solid overcast but some convergence came
through and with the first launch i had a booming 5-6 kt climb to
10,000 feet after a tow to just 1200 AGL. Then worked the area just
downwind of the airport and played around along the cloud streets. Max
altitude was 12,200 ft. Highest altitude ever for the Cherokee.
Hopefully we break that record yet this week.
Old April 21st 10, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

6 hrs yesterday, mainly within a 10 mile radius of Marfa. My longest
flight ever, also a record for my glider. over 200 points on the OLC!

Cherokee II flies the Kowbell Tony Condon[_2_] Soaring 0 July 12th 09 08:45 PM
Cherokee still flies [email protected] Soaring 5 April 23rd 08 06:23 AM
Gweduck Flies! Ron Wanttaja Home Built 18 February 23rd 08 02:58 PM
Well, It flies! Doug Palmer Home Built 8 June 17th 07 04:58 PM
C-119 flies again Ron Military Aviation 9 December 22nd 03 08:44 AM