Glider cockpit size

Old December 20th 17, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider cockpit size

On Friday, November 24, 2017 at 10:30:09 PM UTC-5, Steve Muhli wrote:
Hi, New to this forum, thought I 'd pose a question..... I have a glider
rating
from years ago, I was wondering if anyone can suggest a list of gliders
that
are more "roomy" inside since I am 6'4" . I am planning on going to the
SSA
convention in Reno in 2018 to check out the new stuff....I've sat in an SZD

55, that's about it.... Thanks

HPH 304, I am 6' 3" and with the seat back out was just right. If at all posable try one out with a selection of chutes, the one I ended up with was not the one I expected. Flew it for 17 years and loved it. Recently made a major upgrade, and am now flying an ASH-31. It is the first glider that I have flown where I could put the pedals too far forward to reach. So lots of leg room, not as much shoulder room, but not too tight (in the summer)..

RR