IS28 B2 Romanian Made Glider Spares requirement.

Old December 20th 17, 09:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Principal Secretary Cad

Default IS28 B2 Romanian Made Glider Spares requirement.

Dear All Concern of Gliding world
We are having active gliding activity at Jharkhand in INDIA.In our fleet 3 Motorgliders and 2 Gliders are availiable for flying and soaring activity on hilly area around the Glderodrome.
We have 1 IS28 B2 Romanian Glider in our fleet from last 35 years. The manufacturer company at Romania is not responding about life time maintenance programme of said GLIDER. WE ARE stuck and not be eable to utilise the glider due to non availiability of spares and maintenance programme.ALTHOUGH OUR IS28B2 Glider is fully in good condition to airborne.
If some organisation/agency/Gliding enthusiast may help us to get this aircraft airbone will be great support to us.
Regards
Capt.S.P.Sinha
Instructor cum Examiner.
Old December 20th 17, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 1:43:19 AM UTC-8, Principal Secretary Cad wrote:

We have 1 IS28 B2 Romanian Glider in our fleet from last 35 years...

Many other operators of IAR sailplanes have made similar complaints. It appears that the factory has little or no interest, financial or otherwise, in the continued airworthiness of their former products, and no incentive to care. There are occasional promises of lifetime extension paperwork, but it appears that none have come to fruition.

If the glider has served you for 35 years, you have probably recouped your original investment in it several times over. Consider using it as a static display to promote soaring and buying a used ASK21 or G103 to replace it on the flight line.

I can show you how you can manufacture your own gliders in India if you want.
Old December 20th 17, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

http://www.ssa.org/files/member/FAA%...7%20-%20Signed[2543].pdf

Interesting that in the States we don't need to comply with the life limits of these gliders at this time.
Old December 20th 17, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 10:55:29 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Interesting that in the States we don't need to comply with the life limits of these gliders at this time.

It is interesting and fortunate that US airworthiness authorities take such a common-sense approach.

A couple of months ago I was collaborating on a project to manufacture sailplanes in India. Their airworthiness authorities have a very different perspective on issues around general aviation from our FAA.

--Bob K.
Old December 23rd 17, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Whitehead

I have obtained the life extension papers from the Rumanian Aeroclub, who now hold the supplementary type certificate. I paid 500 Euro for this programme of inspection in 2016, I should be doing the inspection on my own IS28B2 in the next three months. You should be able to do the same. Pete ,(UK).
Old December 23rd 17, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 7:29:13 AM UTC-7, Peter Whitehead wrote:
I have obtained the life extension papers from the Rumanian Aeroclub, who now hold the supplementary type certificate. I paid 500 Euro for this programme of inspection in 2016, I should be doing the inspection on my own IS28B2 in the next three months. You should be able to do the same. Pete ,(UK)..

Appear to be some documents here
http://aeroclubulromaniei.ro/Doc.Lib...tsLibrary.html

WRT spares, 2-3 years ago I was able to direct a US club to a US source where they were able to get a serviceable aileron bell crank(?). Used parts from bent gliders may be the only source of parts AFAIK. Due to the change in registrations, old hulks may have disappeared off the FAA registry. There are currently 30 on the FAA registry, but something like 42 or more were imported. I've kept some old FAA databases with the old registration info. That's how I connected the dots for the above club.

Frank Whiteley