Embraer seating

Old January 26th 04, 08:11 PM
mrraveltay

marc wrote:
Thanks for all the info.

Went to Continental.com to get my seat assignment.
The flight is about three months away and the three best seats were already
taken. No other seats were assigned.

Either Continental saves them or someone who flies this route a lot has
booked them all.

They might block exit row seats for frequent fliers

Old January 26th 04, 08:30 PM
MTV

marc wrote:

Thanks for all the info.

Went to Continental.com to get my seat assignment.
The flight is about three months away and the three best seats were already
taken. No other seats were assigned.

Either Continental saves them or someone who flies this route a lot has
booked them all.

"marc" wrote in message
m...

Have a trip coming up via Continental Express on an Embraer RJ135.

Haven't seen one. From a seating chart online, it looks like the front

two

seats on the right side will have more leg room. I'm 6' 5" and dread the
cramped seating.

It also look like the seats in front of the over wing emergency exit might
have more spacing. Row 9, I think.

Are my assumptions right? Are the front seats for the attendants?

TIA,

Marc

Exit row seats are normally blocked until they can confirm that assignees
are capable of operating the emergency exit doors.

MTV

Old January 27th 04, 08:56 PM
Garner Miller

In article , MTV
wrote:

Exit row seats are normally blocked until they can confirm that assignees
are capable of operating the emergency exit doors.

Also bear in mind that the exit row window seats on the Embraer jets
have an irritating little half-armrest on the window side to allow for
the exit to open. Drives me absolutely batty; I avoid those seats when
I can. The exit-row AISLE seat is OK, but the ones next to the
overwing exits I avoid.

--
Garner R. Miller
ATP/CFII/MEI
Old January 28th 04, 03:08 AM
Ken Reed

Exit row seats are normally blocked until they can confirm that
assignees are capable of operating the emergency exit doors.

It may be airline specific, but United allows Premier Executive and
above (1K, Global Express) members to choose an exit row when booking
the flight. Regular Premier members and non-frequent fliers on United do
not have this option.

KR