Presidential TFR @ Kill Devil Hills

Old December 15th 03, 09:34 PM
Richard Russell

Default Presidential TFR @ Kill Devil Hills

Does anyone else find it ironic that the President's very presence at
the celebration of 100 years of powered flight has shut down almost
2,000 square miles of airspace? Couldn't he have phoned it in?
Rich Russell
Old December 15th 03, 11:23 PM
Toks Desalu

Yeah...........what a joke! Nearest airport is 60 miles drive.....If the
president was smart, he would stay away for the sake of thousands of pilots
and citizens!! Excuse my opinion but.......what a joke!
Toks

Old December 15th 03, 11:29 PM
Harry Gordon

Is this what you call "adding insult to injury?" I guess the only thing that
will be flying at the celebration will be AF-1....

Harry

Old December 16th 03, 01:58 AM
Ray Bengen

Gotta make sure every pilot in the country doesn't vote for him, no ?

He has to know what he's doing to us. Forcing us to drive 50 miles when
he's around.

A disgrace and a shame.

Old December 16th 03, 02:12 AM
Blanche

Take the announcement (the TFR) then get Phil Boyer's comments and
quote. Send to every television, radio and newspaper in your area.
This is nothing more than the same stunt as landing the jet on
the carrier and he walks out wearing a flight suit.

This is even better if you're a registered Republican. Send the
letter to your local Republican committee HQ with a complaint.

He uses the media. You use the media. There are more of us to
make the case to the media.

Even better -- find out who in the local media are pilots. Enlist
them.

Old December 16th 03, 02:33 AM
R. Hubbell

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:34:22 -0500 Richard Russell wrote:

Does anyone else find it ironic that the President's very presence at
the celebration of 100 years of powered flight has shut down almost
2,000 square miles of airspace? Couldn't he have phoned it in?
Rich Russell

It doesn't seem ironic to me, just dumb. Heck he's got Saddam what's the worry?
Oh wait, the crippled, dialysis patient is still a threat.

It does however tell me that there's no way he was ever a pilot. Because a
pilot would never do that to fellow pilots. So what in hell was he doing in
the National Guard? Don't answer that I really don't want to know.

R. Hubbell
Old December 16th 03, 02:35 AM
Aardvark

Blanche wrote:

Take the announcement (the TFR) then get Phil Boyer's comments and
quote. Send to every television, radio and newspaper in your area.
This is nothing more than the same stunt as landing the jet on
the carrier and he walks out wearing a flight suit.

This is even better if you're a registered Republican. Send the
letter to your local Republican committee HQ with a complaint.

He uses the media. You use the media. There are more of us to
make the case to the media.

Even better -- find out who in the local media are pilots. Enlist
them.

I would try to contact Neil Boortz at http://boortz.com/
He might jusr rant about it on air
He is a pilot and has had a rant or two on air before.
Call the Neal Boortz Show
Atlanta: 404.872.0750
Elsewhere 1.877.310.2100
8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. ET on AM750 WSB
M-F

WW

Old December 16th 03, 04:36 AM
Dave Stadt

wrote:

Does anyone else find it ironic that the President's very presence at
the celebration of 100 years of powered flight has shut down almost
2,000 square miles of airspace? Couldn't he have phoned it in?
Rich Russell

It doesn't seem ironic to me, just dumb. Heck he's got Saddam what's the

worry?
Oh wait, the crippled, dialysis patient is still a threat.

It does however tell me that there's no way he was ever a pilot. Because

pilot would never do that to fellow pilots. So what in hell was he doing

in
the National Guard? Don't answer that I really don't want to know.

R. Hubbell

I would love to see Ken Hyde and crew cancel the flight of the Flyer at
Kitty Hawk to protest the absurd presidential TFRs. If Boyer was in charge
it might happen but not with EAA in charge.