Arcus vs

Old December 20th 17, 10:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Lowrie

Default Arcus vs

There is a third 20m flapped 2 seater worth considering... The 20m
TwinShark... Take a look on the HPH website.... www.hph.cz.

It is much lighter than the other two 20m flapped two seaters and has a
higher aspect ratio as well as latest generation aerodynamics.

Craig

At 08:49 20 December 2017, krasw wrote:
We have Arcus E in our airfield. Owners seem to be happy with it and it
fli=
es a lot and never lands out. It is very heavy which makes it impossible
to=
fly in 20m class (800kg MTOW) competitions. All self-launchers in this
cla=
ss (and ASG 32EL which has similar empty weight) fly very close to 800kg
MT=
OW without any water ballast. In WGC level competitions lighter Arcus T's
(=
or those few non-engined ships) have edge in weak weather. I think the
gene=
ral consensus between 32Mi and Arcus M pilots is that both consider their
s=
hips to be little better than others...

Old December 20th 17, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Muttley

If you are looking for a 20m 2 seater electric you may also consider the following

http://www.rs-uas.com/products/sk10e-elfin/preface/

the original manufacturer of the Stemme s10 but this is now a new company

Muttley
Old December 20th 17, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Is that some sort of fuel driven engine turning a generator under the
left wing?Â* How can you call that an "electric"?Â* Seems to me they've
just put another layer of complexity between the gas and the prop.

BTW, I love my car gas fueled S10-VT.

--
Dan, 5J
Old December 20th 17, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 12:30:26 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Hi,

How does Arcus compare (any and all aspects) to other modern two seaters?
Does anyone have any experience with Arcus EL?

The ASG-32 has a sustainer electric on a stick. If I am not mistaken this is technology developed in conjunction with the German government.
Old December 20th 17, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 6:15:07 PM UTC-5, Dave Walsh wrote:
At 22:50 19 December 2017, Dave Nadler wrote:
Go for it! In America, land of the free, the Antares 20E can be
flown in both 18m and 20m mode.

I didn't track, but I may have more time in 18m configuration.

In Europe, land of the actual designer and builder,
only 20m mode is legal - go figure.

Would not be a problem if manufacturer had completed certification as promised...

Some 18m tips are flown in Europe despite that ;-)

First flight of Jet Arcus [email protected] Soaring 7 September 30th 16 02:38 AM
Arcus owners not monitoring the Arcus newsgroup... Dave Nadler Soaring 14 August 30th 16 05:54 PM
Hybrid Arcus [email protected] Soaring 13 April 2nd 15 06:34 AM
FS: Arcus T [email protected] Soaring 0 February 22nd 13 11:50 PM
Arcus - first impressions Andreas Maurer Soaring 1 July 7th 09 01:35 PM