What a Wonderful Morning

Old April 12th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke[_2_]

Default What a Wonderful Morning

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 05:08:29 -0700 (PDT), Denny
wrote:

Well, I just micturated away $58,868.13 into the loving arms of the
state and feds this morning...

Ugh.

Are you trying to ruin my weekend?

I just got the big, fat envelope from the accountant but I wasn't
going to open it until Monday morning. Mondays suck anyway.

I could have a durn nice Decathlon for what they've squeezed out of me
this tax year already.

--
Dan
T182T at 4R4
Old April 12th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Longworth[_1_]

On Apr 11, 5:18*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
*Be grateful that you make enough to have to pay almost 59 thousand dollars.

That is more than my gross pay for the year.

Jim,
Our combined federal & state taxes take at least 40% of our gross
income. However when I look at the total amount, I try to see it as
the glass half full since the average American worker makes less than
what we pay in taxes.
I noticed that the start of this 'off-topic' thread is posted at
the rec.aviation.owning group. One does not need to be a fat cat but
has to be a pretty well-fed cat to afford owning a plane. At the
current avgas cost of over $5/gal, the $300 tax rebate amounts to no
more than 60 gallons of 100ll. Dividing this amount to the typical
fuel consumption of 10 to 15 GPH, this comes out to be only 4 to 6
hours of flight time. The cutoff income limit for the $300 rebate is
$174K so the max rebate comes out to be a tiny fraction (0.0017) of
this max income. I'd bet that many American taxpayers would rather
to have this kind of income than to get the rebate ;-)

Hai
Old April 12th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt W. Barrow

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Apr 11, 3:45 pm, "Matt W. Barrow"
wrote:
"Denny" wrote in message

Well, I just micturated away $58,868.13 into the loving arms of the
state and feds this morning... Now where are those fat cat deductions
that allow me to pay zero, that all the rabble rousers keep bringing
up?

Hey! You can afford it. You're buzzing around in your own airplane.
You're
not eating beans and cat food are you? :~)

I am now; I just paid my taxes. Someday Atlas will shrug; I hope it's
in my life time.

Hope like hell it's NOT in your lifetime. There's no Galt's Gulch to which
you can flee.

When (not if) it happens, it's going to get VERY ugly.

When I was in high school, a friends father, who lived through the Hungarian
revolt in 1956, told us stories of what it was like. In sum, again, you (we
all) better hope it's not in our lifetimes.

On the other hand, I recall the words of Thomas Paine who said, "If there be
war, let it be in my lifetime so that my children may know peace.".

Old April 13th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt W. Barrow

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Denny" wrote

Well, I just micturated away $58,868.13 into the loving arms of the
state and feds this morning... Now where are those fat cat deductions
that allow me to pay zero, that all the rabble rousers keep bringing
up?

Be grateful that you make enough to have to pay almost 59 thousand
dollars.

Gratitude, or anything to be grateful for, has nothing to do with it -
ABILITY AND PERFORMANCE does.

That is more than my gross pay for the year.

Gee...I wonder why?

Sorry, but I don't feel much pity for you.

Neither have many of us for you. You, like most, are right where they want
to be.

Old April 13th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Morgans[_2_]

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote

Neither have many of us for you. You, like most, are right where they want
to be.

I am doing something that is very important for a continued healthy society.
I train workers so that people like you can exploit them, and become
wealthy.

Borrow, you are a pompus ass. I hope your wealth comforts you in the life
hereafter.
--
Jim in NC

Old April 13th 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y[_2_]

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:25:21 -0700, "Matt W. Barrow"
wrote:

"Morgans" wrote in message

That is more than my gross pay for the year.

Gee...I wonder why?

A builder breakin' 'em off on a shop teacher about his salary.

How ironic is that?

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **
Old April 13th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt W. Barrow

wrote:

"Morgans" wrote in message

That is more than my gross pay for the year.

Gee...I wonder why?

A builder breakin' 'em off on a shop teacher about his salary.

How ironic is that?

The key word here is "build".

Other corrolary words are, "create", "produce", "enhance".

:~)

Old April 13th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

Well, I just checked my mail... Interesting...

Paying taxes is part of the bargain we make to have a society, and I
have no problem with paying the tax on each dollar earned - the same
tax as the next guy...
BUT, progressive taxation is punishment for being willing to work
harder, or longer, or smarter, than the next guy...
Progressive taxation is unconstitutional in that it treats different
groups of people differently - which is specifically forbidden under
our Constitution and Bill of Rights......
The very foundation of this Republic is that no man is better than
another, and no less...
The foundation is cracking...

For me it is a moot issue... In the not distant future I will stop
working and spend my remaining few years doing the traveling and the
fun things we have never had... One of the first things I will do is
fly into the DC Metro area, land, get a taxi, go to the intersection
of Constitution and Independence Avenues, face towards the Capitol
Building, and give the professional politicians who write the laws of
this land the hand signal that they are still number one with me, and
forever and forever they can go whistle for the punitive tax dollars
they have been extorting from me the past 52 years...

denny
Old April 13th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y[_2_]

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 13:05:44 -0700, "Matt W. Barrow"
wrote:

The key word here is "build".

Personally, or with tradespeople? Does Matt W. Barrow actually build
anything?

The guy who got me into flying is a very successful high-end builder.
Another airport pal owns a company that restores historic buildings to
original glory. By "restore", I mean state capitol, architecturally
significant, famous building type of stuff. Remember, I'm in the
Northeast, where we don't tear down beautiful 225 year old buildings,
we fix them.

Both guys have nothing but respect for those who train the people who
actually "git-er-done" for them, like shop and trade school educators.
Both have done partnerships with area trade schools.

I'm not disparaging you as a manager. I'm a project manager myself,
so I fully understand the idiosyncrasies and importance of organizing
the whole thing. However, somebody still has to cut out the parts
and drive the nails, and it does require training.

Would you make fun of your A&P's salary because it's smaller than your
own? How about the person who trained your A&P?

Do you think either of them perform important work?

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **
Old April 14th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt W. Barrow

wrote:

The key word here is "build".

Personally, or with tradespeople? Does Matt W. Barrow actually build
anything?

Do you mean, "Is he a one-man construction crew?"?

The guy who got me into flying is a very successful high-end builder.
Another airport pal owns a company that restores historic buildings to
original glory. By "restore", I mean state capitol, architecturally
significant, famous building type of stuff. Remember, I'm in the
Northeast, where we don't tear down beautiful 225 year old buildings,
we fix them.

Okay!?!

Both guys have nothing but respect for those who train the people who
actually "git-er-done" for them, like shop and trade school educators.
Both have done partnerships with area trade schools.

Okay? Except without capital and the art of pulling it all together, those
trade people are going to be down on the street corner waiting for...

I'm not disparaging you as a manager. I'm a project manager myself,
so I fully understand the idiosyncrasies and importance of organizing
the whole thing. However, somebody still has to cut out the parts
and drive the nails, and it does require training.

One thing as a project manager (been there, got the PMP certification), is
that if YOU fail, you might lose your job. If, on the other hand, I fail, I
have to eat the house (been there, too).

Would you make fun of your A&P's salary because it's smaller than your
own? How about the person who trained your A&P?

Do you think either of them perform important work?

I didn't say it wasn't important. Far from it. No honest work is
UNimportant. Further, neither income nor wealth is "...the measure of a
man", except ECONOMICALLY.

What Morgans was whining about was that someone had a much higher income. He
comes from the "Willie Sutton" view of government. IOW: crass envy.

What you're implying sounds much like the Marxian, "Labor theory of value".