Penn State Soaring Club Glider ***STOLEN***

Old March 31st 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Penn State Soaring Club Glider ***STOLEN***

Fellow Glider Pilots,
Your help is greatly needed! On Monday night or Tuesday morning early,
the Penn State Soaring Club Blanik L-13 was stolen from us. The glider
had just been assembled by the club members on Sunday afternoon at
Ridge Soaring gliderport. We know that the aircraft was dis-assembled
and towed out of Ridge Soaring because the trailer is gone too and
evidence was found to indicate the thieves might have known what they
were doing (possibly they are glider pilots or A&P's.) Right away as
soon as we knew the aircraft was missing, we started coordinating the
efforts and feel that we have done everything necessary to this point.
Our best bet is with the State Police finding the glider being towed on
the road.

This is where I ask for your help. Please be on the look-out for a
large grayish-white, aluminum pop riveted, home built single axle
trailer. The trailer is approximately 7 feet tall with an added bump
on the top at the aft for the folding tail. Prior to the
disappearance of the trailer, it had a PA license plate attached to it.

If you happen to see this trailer on the road or one similar (because
we can't be too sure), Please call State Trooper Johnson at
484.269.2766, state location of spotting, direction of travel and any
other useful information.

Thanks for all your help,
Penn State Soaring Club
Buzz!

Old March 31st 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

April 1 is close. Look for it to show up assembled in the intersecting
hallways of some campus building with strategically located doors
(preferably an admin building if Penn State admin is anything like
Colorado's used to be).
At least lets hope. I wouldn't think a Blanik has much value on the
black market.

Shawn

Old March 31st 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

ATTENTION NORTHEAST SOARING PILOTS:

State Troopers in Pennsylvania and the surrounding States have been
notified of the missing glider and are actively trying to spot the
glider trailer on interstate highways. If you are going to trailer your
glider in the upcoming days...please make sure your trailer is properly
registered and you have the paperwork with you.

Yesterday Karl Striedieck landed out in his Duo Discus and while
trailering the Duo back to Eagle Field (in its rather large cobra
trailer that resembles the description of the Penn State Trailer) he
was pulled over by a local police officer for questioning.
Unfortunately for Karl, he did not have the trailer registration with
him and after a frustrating land-out situation he did not respond real
well to the interogation. Apparently he spent 10-15 minutes handcuffed
in the back of the troopers car while the liscence plates were run and
things got cleared up.

Again, if you are going to tow your trailer, please make sure the
paperwork is with you to avoid this happening again.

Old March 31st 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

This just in:
Above events are having far reaching consequences:
Apparently KS did in fact let his well known intolerance for public
servants get out of hand.
As a result he is expected to be incarcerated for an indeterminate
period of time.
Given his committment to provide rides at the Sports Nats, it gets more
complicated.
When informed of Karl's possible non participation, a breach of
contract suit is in process
by one of the passengers.
One can only wonder how far this will go.
UH

Old March 31st 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote:

.

The way I heard it, it was officer Melinda Wu of the Pennsylvania State
Police who pulled Karl over to check his paperwork. Karl became
verbally abusive and officer Wu tried to control the situation. But
when Karl took a swing at her, she took him down with her baton, and
hogtied him on the highway with two pairs of handcuffs. He was left
there for a good quarter hour, emitting an unbroken stream of
obscenities that tragically went unrecorded, until Wu's backup unit
arrived.

Of course, we don't know for sure what the details are....
But if that is close to true, it's not good publicity for soaring or
flying in general.

Don't argue with a cop on duty, and NEVER EVER get physical. You will
lose.

The permanent damage may be the loss of new pilots who think this
incident is typical of our community.

Old March 31st 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Jiminy-

I keep hoping this is a very clever April Fools...in
our post 9/11 world I would hate to think that law
enforcement needs to be concerned about what sort of
reaction they might get when pulling over one of those
long, skinny, funny looking trailers that carry aircraft.

IMVHO...this ought to concern us a little more then
who misses getting some backseat time. But I am holding
out hope that a very clever prank has been played....a
Blanik dissasembled at the airport and put in its trailer
under the cover of dark? To be secreted to an unknown
glider port? KS caught in the dragnet?

Some strange stuff here

At 21:00 31 March 2006, wrote:
wrote:

.

[...]

Attention Minden Soaring Club Members [email protected] Soaring 2 November 13th 05 09:56 PM
Littlefield Glider Club Jack Soaring 3 October 23rd 05 01:16 AM
Soaring Seminar - March 19th - ChicagoLand Glider Council ContestID67 Soaring 4 January 7th 05 12:28 AM
New PW-6U for Tucson Soaring Club Charles Yeates Soaring 0 August 31st 04 09:11 PM
Penn State Soaring Club Schreder projects sale. Wayne Paul Home Built 0 January 6th 04 03:21 AM