Wake for RAR

Old April 6th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default Wake for RAR

Will there be a wake for
RAR? Maybe an Irish wake?

Stu Fields
Experimental Helo magazine

Old April 6th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Bill Chernoff

yes, its being held at Belfort Instruments...

Old April 6th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
601XL Builder

Bill Chernoff wrote:
yes, its being held at Belfort Instruments...

That guy that posts the anti-Belfort messages posts in all the
rec.aviaition groups and is just ignored. It seems that RAR is the only
place that answers him.

Since 3/31 there have been two helicopter related posts. Neither has
been responded to.
Old April 6th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

I miss the days when Nick Lappos, 180walt, Bob B. and many other very
experienced pilots would exchange information.

Old April 7th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

I probably asked this question befo Is rec.aviation.rotorcraft
primarily for the 206 and up crowd? I've posted stuff about the
experimental helo world and felt like I drug a dead cat into the living room
of a fancy estate.
Is there a news group that focusses more on private non-commercial helo
owners?

ups.com...

Old April 7th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Maxwell

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .
I probably asked this question befo Is rec.aviation.rotorcraft
primarily for the 206 and up crowd? I've posted stuff about the
experimental helo world and felt like I drug a dead cat into the living
room of a fancy estate.
Is there a news group that focusses more on private non-commercial helo
owners?

I haven't seen one, but let me know if you find it.

I think this forum just suffers from diversity. Unlike the fixed wing forums
that offer a different group for "piloting" and "experimental", all
rotorcraft discussions come to one group. And the diversity in thinking
creates a lot of unnecessary stress.

I miss the good old days too. Nick, Walt and many others had a lot to
share - as did a lot of the back yard builders, even if many of them were
just swaping "what if's". But the average offshore, ENG and former military
pilots have little in common with the back yard builders, yet both have a
lot of constructive information to share.

I am of the back yard builder, wanna be rotorcraft pilots myself. But I sure
would like to follow a piloting group as well.

Old April 7th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

There is a helicopter forum moderated by a guy who is building a Scorpion.
I got out of there because it was mainly populated with people who had never
built a helicopter that knew that the people that had built one did it
wrong.
We publish the Experimental Helo magazine and get exposed to a lot of small
helicopter information but I would like to find a newsgroup that had
interaction between people involved in the building, modifiying and
maintaining a helicopter in a less formal and quicker acting than the
magazine. And frankly that newsgroup would probably provide information for
and maybe writers of articles for the magazine.

Old April 7th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
601XL Builder

All you need to do is use promote this forum in your magazine and since
it is pretty much dead it will become the forum you are looking for.

Old April 7th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Linc

The problem is that the newsgroup format requires a dedicated news
reader and a usenet server to pull the messages from. Back in the AOL
days (read: 1995-97), AOL provided this through the service and you
didn't need a reader and the setup for the usenet server was taken
care of. Later, webforums began to take off and the usenet server
became a more archaic method of interaction. Besides, webforums
protected you by giving you a more anonymous interface (not counting
the administrators).

Anyways, the continuing demise of usenet, along with the contribution
of everyone's favorite, former Belfort employee probably should not be
viewed as a huge surprise. Still sad, though.

Linc

"Maxwell" wrote in message
[...]

sure would like to follow a piloting group as well.- Hide quoted text -

Old April 8th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Hey 601XL builder, not a bad idea. I'm on my way to a couple of events in
Florida. I'll see if there is any interest is pursuing this idea.

--
Stuart Fields
Experimental Helo magazine