Comfortable 4 seaters?

Old January 15th 05, 12:13 AM
Matt Barrow

"Aaron Coolidge" wrote in message
Paul Tomblin wrote:
: According to Plane and Pilot
: (http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/cont...ecs/index.html) both of these
: planes have a 47" wide cabin. The Lance is 49" and the Cardinal is 48"
: and the Trinidad is 50".

Don't let this decide you. The 114/115 feel HUGE inside. If you are

serious,
you should certainly sit in one.
Some of those specs are not quite right: It's got 260HP, not 200HP (the

112
has 200 HP). It really goes about 150K tas. The trailing link main gears
make bad landings impossible.

And the 114/115 not only feel big inside, they ride like a Cadillac.
--
Matt
---------------------

Old January 15th 05, 02:47 AM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:59:20 GMT, "Dude" wrote:

Aaron gets the prize. The Commander is the closest thing to what you are
asking for.

The Socata's aren't bad, but the low end models are not all that great, and
the more powerful planes are definitely a risky buy.

I thought I heard that single Commanders are dogs, as in very slow
cruise.
Old January 15th 05, 03:20 AM
Matt Barrow

wrote in message
news:1105757261.8d8a91a22fbed692025f4154aea01f0f@t eranews...
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:59:20 GMT, "Dude" wrote:

Aaron gets the prize. The Commander is the closest thing to what you are
asking for.

The Socata's aren't bad, but the low end models are not all that great,

and
the more powerful planes are definitely a risky buy.

I thought I heard that single Commanders are dogs, as in very slow
cruise.

160kts @ 75% or 155 at 65% for the NA, 170 @12,500 for the TC.

Not screaming, but not canine either.
--
Matt
---------------------

Old January 15th 05, 06:48 AM
john szpara

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:20:09 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

I thought I heard that single Commanders are dogs, as in very slow
cruise.

160kts @ 75% or 155 at 65% for the NA, 170 @12,500 for the TC.

Not screaming, but not canine either.

Not bad at all. I assume that would be for the 114 models? If so,
maybe I was thinking of an older or different model.

John Szpara
Affordable Satellite
Fiero Owner 2-84 Indy Pace cars, 86 Coupe, 88 Formula 3.4, 88 Coupe, 88GT
Old January 15th 05, 09:54 PM
Matt Barrow

news:1105771659.6a8239d67433a9bdcd115783008c24b0@t eranews...
wrote:

I thought I heard that single Commanders are dogs, as in very slow
cruise.

160kts @ 75% or 155 at 65% for the NA, 170 @12,500 for the TC.

Not screaming, but not canine either.

Not bad at all. I assume that would be for the 114 models? If so,
maybe I was thinking of an older or different model.

That's the 114/115; the 112 was less, but that, IIRC, was only a 200-235HP,
while the 114/115 is/was a 260HP.

I almost bought a 114TC back a few years ago, but got a "really good deal"
on a T210, which turned out to be a maintenance nightmare. Traded it for a
B56 which turned out to be even worse and kept neither one more than 9
months each (okay, third time was the charm when I got my B36).
--
Matt
---------------------

Old January 16th 05, 01:36 AM
Scott Skylane

Matt Barrow wrote:
/snip/

I almost bought a 114TC back a few years ago, but got a "really good deal"
on a T210, which turned out to be a maintenance nightmare. Traded it for a
B56 which turned out to be even worse and kept neither one more than 9
months each (okay, third time was the charm when I got my B36).

Geez,

No wonder you're down on Barons! You do realize that those TIO-541's
are not typical of the fleet's maintenance level???

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
N92054
Old January 16th 05, 04:03 AM
Matt Barrow

"Scott Skylane" wrote in message
Matt Barrow wrote:
/snip/

I almost bought a 114TC back a few years ago, but got a "really good

deal"
on a T210, which turned out to be a maintenance nightmare. Traded it for

B56 which turned out to be even worse and kept neither one more than 9
months each (okay, third time was the charm when I got my B36).

Geez,

No wonder you're down on Barons! You do realize that those TIO-541's
are not typical of the fleet's maintenance level???

Pardon me? The Baron and the T210 both had Continental 520's. AAMOF, my B36
had one when I got it and that's why I opted for the IO-550 when they did
the conversion/overhaul.

In truth, the Baron was LESS maintenance than the 210 (it was, though, 12
years newer), but the gas and insurance was so much more and for hauling two
or three people was overkill. The 210 was a mess from the standpoint of
hydraulics and avionics/electrical problems.

Matt
---------------------
Matthew W. Barrow
Site-Fill Homes, LLC.
Montrose, CO

Old January 16th 05, 04:41 AM
kage

Your memory must be fading. The Baron 56TC has the big Lyc's, LYC
TIO-541-E1B4.

Karl

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Scott Skylane" wrote in message
/snip/

Old January 16th 05, 06:35 PM
Heywood J. Blaume

Either that or he had a conversion, or he fat-fingered it and meant
that he had a 55 or a 58.

kage wrote:
Your memory must be fading. The Baron 56TC has the big Lyc's, LYC
TIO-541-E1B4.

Karl

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Scott Skylane" wrote in message
/snip/

Old January 17th 05, 02:41 AM
john szpara

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:03:23 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

In truth, the Baron was LESS maintenance than the 210 (it was, though, 12
years newer), but the gas and insurance was so much more and for hauling two
or three people was overkill. The 210 was a mess from the standpoint of
hydraulics and avionics/electrical problems.

The T210 is on my short list of possible planes for purchase. Do you
think it was that particular airplane, or 210s in general?

I'd opt for a T210 that is no older than a 1970, and I'd go with the
newest, lowest time model I could afford.