Electric self launching system update

Old April 9th 19, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Emir Sherbi

Default Electric self launching system update

El lunes, 8 de abril de 2019, 21:43:09 (UTC-3), tienshanman escribió:
Emir Sherbi;986843 Wrote:
El lunes, 8 de abril de 2019, 0:19:32 (UTC-3), Roy E escribió:-
Emir,
What is the prop diameter?
What is the weight of the complete motor assembly?
What are the dimensions of the space, which this assembly occupies when
retracted?
Thanks,
Roy-

Roy,

1m Prop diameter.
Total weight for the self launching configuration is near and below
55kg. Including the structural reinforcement.
The motor bay is 1m long, 0,24m width, 0,35m tall at front, 0,25m at the
back.

What gliders can this be built into and how would the process work?
Where would installation take place?

--
tienshanman

Without much redesign, gliders that originally have water ballast bags. If you have "wet wings" we have to search a place on the fuselage for the battery packs.
That means that ASW19/20 - Pegasus - LS1/3/4 and others can be modified without much redesign.

The modification would take place in the US. Depending on the orders and the locations of the gliders.
Old June 6th 19, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Emir Sherbi

New update vÃ*deo:

https://youtu.be/a63rowfxEJo

Old June 28th 19, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt McBee

Hi Emir,

I am keenly following your updates.

How is the 55 kg weight you mentioned distributed between battery weight (in the wings) and fuselage weight? I am considering the maximum weight of non-lifting parts on my glider, which might prohibit this modification if all 55 kg is carried in the fuselage.

Matt
Old June 28th 19, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

A rule of thumb would be the battery being at least 2/3rds of the weight.
The FES total is about the same, the battery is 30 kg I believe.
Old June 28th 19, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Emir Sherbi

Matt,

Thanks for your support.
The battery pack is designed to be inside of the wings. So you will be adding 20-25kg to the non lifting components only.
If your glider is registered as experimental is possible to change the flight envelope and rise the max weight.

Regards