A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Argentina Soaring Sites

Old October 9th 19, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

Default Argentina Soaring Sites

My wife and I would like to make a trip to Argentina possibly in December and would like good and bad info on soaring sites there. Where to go and possibly what to fly. Bob
Old October 10th 19, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Carlos Bonamin
external usenet poster

El miércoles, 9 de octubre de 2019, 19:54:47 (UTC-3), Bob Youngblood escribió:
My wife and I would like to make a trip to Argentina possibly in December and would like good and bad info on soaring sites there. Where to go and possibly what to fly. Bob

Hi Bob, in Argentina there aren't private companies to rent a glider, but you can go to any soaring Club for a double-seater, sure they will leave you the stick if you show your license. You can select the club nearest to your location here -- https://www.favav.com.ar/w9/Clubes.aspx
If you want to see a contest, we have the Club Class National from nov/25 to dec/6 in Club de Planeadores Rivadavia, America, Prov. of Buenos Aires.

Carlos
Old October 10th 19, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Emir Sherbi
external usenet poster

If you want to combine with touristic sites in patagonia, go to the link of "centro nacional de vuelo a vela de montaña" (perlan project flights area) and "club de planeadores bariloche". Mendoza is famous for the vineyards in the andes, you can go to "Aero club San Martin de Mendoza"

Regards
Old October 11th 19, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

At my last visit, pilot certs were still being handled by the military and expired every year. You had to go to Buenos Aires for bureaucracy, and if your stay is long enough there might be the potential for a licence validation and something other than "stick time". Great reception at the Bariloche club. Don't wear your MAGA hat.
Old October 11th 19, 06:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 7:39:39 PM UTC-4, wrote:
At my last visit, pilot certs were still being handled by the military and expired every year. You had to go to Buenos Aires for bureaucracy, and if your stay is long enough there might be the potential for a licence validation and something other than "stick time". Great reception at the Bariloche club. Don't wear your MAGA hat.

I cannot leave home without the MAGA hat!!!