Some caveats for people new to aviation and to this group

Old January 7th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison

Default Some caveats for people new to aviation and to this group

john smith wrote:
And lots of people from Kalifornia.

Yes you do "john smith"...yes you do :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Old January 7th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Maybe not, but I have become a pessimist.

That may be realated to excessive reading of r.a.s and r.a.p. :-))

Peter

Old January 7th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.conspiracy
Peter Dohm

Thomas Borchert wrote:

George,

a rather large lift vacuum
underneath

Really good!

Yeah Dud appears to have missed that wee gem...

Missed what?

DH

Beats me.

(I thought that you summed it up rather well)

Peter

Old January 7th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Saloons?

Well, yeah. But we tolerate Jay Honeck.

Hey! I don't see a smiley there!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 7th 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Well, yeah. But we tolerate Jay Honeck.

Hey! I don't see a smiley there!

You want it to be a joke that we tolerate Jay Honeck?

if you want it.

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.
Old January 7th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.conspiracy
Dudley Henriques

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
. ..

Thomas Borchert wrote:

George,

a rather large lift vacuum
underneath

Really good!

Yeah Dud appears to have missed that wee gem...

Missed what?

DH

Beats me.

(I thought that you summed it up rather well)

Peter

As far as I can see, I'm either savvy enough that I passed on commenting
about something I didn't feel was important enough to warrant any direct
attention, or I'm just plain stupid and missed something that this poster
has decided I should have commented on and didn't :-))
Dudley Henriques

Old January 7th 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Stefan

C J Campbell wrote:

Beware of anyone who continually posts advice or information that runs
counter to what the vast majority of seasoned pilots and flight
instructors here have to say.

Careful: Every progress was done by people who ran counter of what the
vast majority of knowledgeble people said. I've read a lot of pretty
inaccurate information posted by seasoned pilots in this group.

Stefan
Old January 7th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Stefan wrote:

Beware of anyone who continually posts advice or information that runs
counter to what the vast majority of seasoned pilots and flight
instructors here have to say.

Careful: Every progress was done by people who ran counter of what the
vast majority of knowledgeble people said. I've read a lot of pretty
inaccurate information posted by seasoned pilots in this group.

But not everything that runs counter to conventional wisdom/experience leads
to progress.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old January 7th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Stefan

Bob Noel schrieb:

Careful: Every progress was done by people who ran counter of what the

But not everything that runs counter to conventional wisdom/experience leads
to progress.

Pretty obviously. I didn't mention the price which is payed by all those
who try something and fail.
Old January 7th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 04:35:49 -0800, Stefan wrote
(in article ) :

C J Campbell wrote:

Beware of anyone who continually posts advice or information that runs
counter to what the vast majority of seasoned pilots and flight
instructors here have to say.

Careful: Every progress was done by people who ran counter of what the
vast majority of knowledgeble people said. I've read a lot of pretty
inaccurate information posted by seasoned pilots in this group.

Stefan

For every Galileo there are a million crackpots. It is up to the Galileos of
the world to prove that they are right. If they can't do that, they are
crackpots. If you wanted to see if Galileo was right, all you had to do was
look through his telescope. All that Cayley had to do to prove his lift
equations was build a glider. That is the difference between pioneers and
crackpots. If you want to tell me that lift is caused by lift gremlins, you
better show me some gremlins.