FAA paper Noise Attenuation Properties of Noise-Canceling Headsets

Old January 10th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jose[_1_]

Default FAA paper Noise Attenuation Properties of Noise-Canceling Headsets

With User Fee's and the right arrangement (significantly different than we
have now), we have much more control over the next generations ATC system
development.

How do you figure? With airlines at the helm and GA paying the bill,
what control do you figure we have?

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.
Old January 10th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:57:24 GMT, Jose
wrote in :

With User Fee's and the right arrangement (significantly different than we
have now), we have much more control over the next generations ATC system
development.

How do you figure? With airlines at the helm and GA paying the bill,
what control do you figure we have?

Not only that, as currently envisioned, aviation user fees will remove
congressional oversight of the FAA ATC budget! Aviation user fees are
clearly another special interest boondoggle to hijack an inherently
governmental function for private control and profit, IMO.

Old January 10th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Jay Honeck wrote:

I remember a flight to OSH when we kept hearing a weird whooshing
noise. We were throttled way back to 20 squared, to stay in loose
formation with a slower plane -- something we had rarely done before.

You were talking the other day about all the money you save with mogas.
At 20 squared I am indicating about 160 mph in the winter and about
150-155 in the summer, burning 8-8.5 GPH, which for me is about 50 LOP.
What's your speed and fuel burn there?
Old January 10th 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
B A R R Y[_2_]

Jose wrote:
Please send all working ANR headsets, along with a modest $10/set
disposal fee, to me for recycling.

I've Emailed my headset to you. Could you send me a receipt for tax
purposes?

Your headset is still downloading into my replicator. I take it you
PayPal-ed me the fee?
Old January 10th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jose[_1_]

Your headset is still downloading into my replicator. I take it you PayPal-ed me the fee?

No, I sent you a crisp ten dollar bill as an attachment. I know you're
not supposed to send cash through the mail, but this is the internet so
it should be perfectly safe.

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.
Old January 10th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

You were talking the other day about all the money you save with mogas.
At 20 squared I am indicating about 160 mph in the winter and about
150-155 in the summer, burning 8-8.5 GPH, which for me is about 50 LOP.
What's your speed and fuel burn there?

SLOOW. At 20 squared, we were hanging on the prop, trying to fly
formation with our old Warrior -- so probably around 115 knots. Fuel
burn is about the same, though -- maybe 8.5 GPH.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 13th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C J Campbell[_1_]

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:38:21 -0800, Jim Macklin wrote
(in article ):

InFO

Information for Operators

U.S. Department InFO 07001

of Transportation DATE: 1/5/07

Federal Aviation Flight Standards Service

Administration Washington, DC

http://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviat...rs/airline_saf

This so reminds me of those screamer commercials by bozos trying to sell you
books on how get your share of government grant money and handouts.
Oink-oink.