Almost 1,000 km in a 1-26!

Old April 14th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Berry[_2_]

Default Almost 1,000 km in a 1-26!

Congrats! Way to go Ron!

What was it like standing on the rudder pedals all that time?
Old April 14th 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 14, 11:23*am, Berry wrote:
Congrats! Way to go Ron!

What was it like standing on the rudder pedals all that time?

Does he have any tips on preventing blood clots? Was he on
1) plavix 2) coumadin 3) asprin ? or did he use an inflatable pump
driven device to massage his calves in flight? If the latter, how did
he power it for 12 hours in the 1-26?
What about the loss of bone mass due to the
prolonged period of immobilization? What's recommended for that?
This is going to be a bigger problem in the future, now that he's
thrown down the guantlet. What does the Cherokee Guy say?
Is he going to take up the challenge - 12+ hours in the Cherokee
over Iowa?

Old April 14th 09, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Condon[_2_]

Well, you asked for it! First off, congratulations to the 1-26 tri-fecta
last weekend. Those are some fantastic flights, definitely something to
be proud of.

That said, I find the 1-26 cockpit to be pretty spacious compared to the
Cherokee. I was thinking about what it would take for me to do 12 hrs in
the Cherokee. Im pretty sure your suggestions of drugs would have to be
involved. I've done 2 5hr+ flights. Both times, I could barely stand up
and walk for about an hour after the flight. 12 hrs and I would need some
sort of crane to lift me onto the stretcher and then rolled into the
ambulance.

But i dunno. If the lift was still working, it would be really hard to
land, just because you cant feel your legs...

At 19:57 14 April 2009, wrote:
On Apr 14, 11:23=A0am, Berry wrote:
Congrats! Way to go Ron!

What was it like standing on the rudder pedals all that time?

Does he have any tips on preventing blood clots? Was he on
1) plavix 2) coumadin 3) asprin ? or did he use an inflatable pump
driven device to massage his calves in flight? If the latter, how did
he power it for 12 hours in the 1-26?
What about the loss of bone mass due to the
prolonged period of immobilization? What's recommended for that?
This is going to be a bigger problem in the future, now that he's
thrown down the guantlet. What does the Cherokee Guy say?
Is he going to take up the challenge - 12+ hours in the Cherokee
over Iowa?

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y