Some caveats for people new to aviation and to this group

Old January 6th 07, 08:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

Default Some caveats for people new to aviation and to this group

Every now and then we get a contentious, obnoxious know-it-all who in fact
has only rudimentary knowledge of aviation. Past examples include the Fish
Who Must Not Be Named, AcroBat, Skyloon, and others. There is at least one
such haunting the aviation groups even now. The current guy is small potatoes
compared to some of the previous ones.

These people are not friends of aviation. They have no idea what they are
talking about. They freely give advice that may be dangerous. They do not
care if they kill somebody else and in fact they probably hope they do.

Beware of anyone who continually posts advice or information that runs
counter to what the vast majority of seasoned pilots and flight instructors
here have to say. Yes, the rest of us can be wrong and we all have our
disagreements, but if someone stands out as continually disagreeing with
people who actually fly, he is not your friend. He is trying to kill you.
Treat him accordingly.

Old January 6th 07, 08:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
e.com...
Every now and then we get a contentious, obnoxious know-it-all who in fact
has only rudimentary knowledge of aviation.

Snip Cold Hard Truth

Very well said CJ...very well said.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old January 6th 07, 09:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("C J Campbell" wrote)
Every now and then we get a contentious, obnoxious know-it-all who in fact
has only rudimentary knowledge of aviation.

In my defense I'd like to state, um, ...er, well, you see... sweating

Hey everybody. Mormie converted over to Cannibalism while he was out in the
jungle. Pass it on.

Mont-blackened
Or was that Catholicism? Either way, Feast Days are in his future :-)

Old January 6th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Montblack wrote:
("C J Campbell" wrote)

Every now and then we get a contentious, obnoxious know-it-all who in fact
has only rudimentary knowledge of aviation.

In my defense I'd like to state, um, ...er, well, you see... sweating

sure... airplanes with the biggest wings fly the best! Well, unless
sometimes they get flapped faster, or have powerful electric flaps...
or bigger fans on the front, or on the wings. Of course if there are
TWO pilots they can pedal faster so that adds bank angle. :^)
Old January 6th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 01:14:48 -0800, Montblack wrote
(in article ):

("C J Campbell" wrote)
Every now and then we get a contentious, obnoxious know-it-all who in fact
has only rudimentary knowledge of aviation.

In my defense I'd like to state, um, ...er, well, you see... sweating

Hey everybody. Mormie converted over to Cannibalism while he was out in the
jungle. Pass it on.

A gross exaggeration. Headhunters do not eat their victims.

Old January 6th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 00:38:58 -0800, Jay Beckman wrote
(in article ):

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
e.com...
Every now and then we get a contentious, obnoxious know-it-all who in fact
has only rudimentary knowledge of aviation.

Snip Cold Hard Truth

Very well said CJ...very well said.

It is not just the occasional troll. In the years I have been following the
aviation groups, I have seen people posting here from mental hospitals,
prisons, radical hate groups, and just about everywhere else.

What people need to be reminded of is that any advice they receive here might
be coming from some rather, um, special people.

Old January 6th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

A gross exaggeration. Headhunters do not eat their victims.

According to research I've compiled it would appear that they do in
part consume their victims, hence they would eat their victims...
please state the relative sources that you have showing they do not...
if you are honest you will agree with me, if you're not continue to
believe in whatever it is you believe that I don't believe in... so on
and so forth interapax.

Does the above remind you of anyone?

Old January 6th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

A gross exaggeration. Headhunters do not eat their victims.

According to research I've compiled it would appear that they do in
part consume their victims, hence they would eat their victims...
please state the relative sources that you have showing they do not...
if you are honest you will agree with me, if you're not continue to
believe in whatever it is you believe that I don't believe in... so on
and so forth interapax, amen.

Does the above remind you of anyone?

Old January 6th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

wrote in message
ups.com...
A gross exaggeration. Headhunters do not eat their victims.

According to research I've compiled it would appear that they do in
part consume their victims, hence they would eat their victims...
please state the relative sources that you have showing they do not...
if you are honest you will agree with me, if you're not continue to
believe in whatever it is you believe that I don't believe in... so on
and so forth interapax.

Does the above remind you of anyone?

Sure... my in-laws!