The original Boeing 727

Old May 23rd 04, 02:40 AM
Chris

Default The original Boeing 727

I don't usually post in groups, but I ran across the original boeing
727 release publication at an estate sale. I stuck it up on ebay, and
no one seems very interested. I am posting here because I thought
somebody in this group would appreciate such a rare (and cool) piece
of memorabillia. It looks like it will only fetch a couple of bucks.
You can see it at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=2244599 297
I remember as a kid, when the Electras and constellations started
giving way to the 707, and then, when the 727 came out, I remember
flying out of National, and my dad telling me this plane was known as
the air Porsche.
Old May 23rd 04, 03:43 AM
Peter Duniho

"Chris" wrote in message
om...
I don't usually post in groups, but I ran across the original boeing
727 release publication at an estate sale.

I'm sure it's just coincidence that your email address is the same as that
listed in the contact information for the seller's eBay information.

"Ran across". Yeah, right. You're an asshole and a liar. If you're going
to hawk your wares on Usenet, at least have the decency to use a proper
newsgroup (like rec.aviation.marketplace) and to not act like we're too
stupid to figure out who you really are.

Google and eBay have been notified. Chances are you'll get away with your
lying, but it won't be because no one knew about.

Pete

Old May 23rd 04, 03:44 AM
Peter

Peter Duniho wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
om...

I don't usually post in groups, but I ran across the original boeing
727 release publication at an estate sale.

Before you jump in with the accusations, you might want to include the
next sentence as well: "I stuck it up on ebay, and
no one seems very interested."

I'm sure it's just coincidence that your email address is the same as that
listed in the contact information for the seller's eBay information.

"Ran across". Yeah, right. You're an asshole and a liar.

I saw no signs of any deception. The original post was quite clear that
the poster was the one who was trying to resell the item on eBay.

If you're going
to hawk your wares on Usenet, at least have the decency to use a proper
newsgroup (like rec.aviation.marketplace) and to not act like we're too
stupid to figure out who you really are.

Agreed that *.marketplace would be a better place for auction and sale
notices.

Old May 23rd 04, 03:48 AM
Peter Duniho

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Chris" wrote in message
om...
I don't usually post in groups, but I ran across the original boeing
727 release publication at an estate sale.

I'm sure it's just coincidence that your email address is the same as that
listed in the contact information for the seller's eBay information.

Actually, I guess it's me who's the asshole this time. I misread the
original post, and got mixed up about where "ran across" happened.

I've canceled my original reply, but cancel posts are widely disabled now on
Usenet due to abuse, so I have little hope my embarassing mistake won't be
seen. An apology from me is in order in any case. Sorry.

Pete

Old May 23rd 04, 04:07 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Peter Duniho wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
om...
I don't usually post in groups, but I ran across the original boeing
727 release publication at an estate sale.

I'm sure it's just coincidence that your email address is the same as that
listed in the contact information for the seller's eBay information.

He stated right up front that he tried to auction it on ebay. Lighten up.

George Patterson
I childproofed my house, but they *still* get in.
Old May 23rd 04, 04:10 AM
Jim Fisher

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Chris" wrote in message
om...
I don't usually post in groups, but I ran across the original boeing
727 release publication at an estate sale.

I'm sure it's just coincidence that your email address is the same as that
listed in the contact information for the seller's eBay information.

sigh From the original post:

"I don't usually post in groups, but I ran across the original boeing
727 release publication at an estate sale. I stuck it up on ebay ( . . . )"

Perhaps that's why his email email addy is the same as what's on Ebay? I
dunno, just a guess.

--
Jim Fisher

Old May 23rd 04, 04:42 AM
Peter Gottlieb

What? An apology on Usenet? Gasp! Maybe this will start something! Maybe
there *is* hope for these newsgroups.

Old May 23rd 04, 06:36 AM
Jack Allison

Ya, I about fell out of my chair when I read the apology. Wonders will
never cease... :-)

Kudos to Peter D. for saying he made a mistake.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old May 23rd 04, 08:10 AM
pacplyer

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message ...
"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Chris" wrote in message
om...
I don't usually post in groups, but I ran across the original boeing
727 release publication at an estate sale.

I'm sure it's just coincidence that your email address is the same as that
listed in the contact information for the seller's eBay information.

Actually, I guess it's me who's the asshole this time. I misread the
original post, and got mixed up about where "ran across" happened.

I've canceled my original reply, but cancel posts are widely disabled now on
Usenet due to abuse, so I have little hope my embarassing mistake won't be
seen. An apology from me is in order in any case. Sorry.

Pete

You really are bottom shelf Peter; and I bet you couldn't fly your way
out of a wet paper bag.
Old May 23rd 04, 03:39 PM
Newps

"pacplyer" wrote in message
om...

You really are bottom shelf Peter; and I bet you couldn't fly your way
out of a wet paper bag.

Where is this paper bag? I would like to try.