Sun N Fun?

Old April 9th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

Default Sun N Fun?

In article . com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Hey, Montblack, what do you have in mind for Inn renovations while Jay
and Mary are away? If you can get a few folks to show up, you ought to
be able to renovate at least 4 suites! :-)

Actually, his help would be welcome -- but Montblack probably won't be
seeing the hotel at all during his stay. Not unless he wants to.
On the renovation front, we *should* be done with "Phase 1" of our new
lobby by the time he arrives (if I can finish up a few electrical
tasks in time). The day we get back from SNF, we start tearing out
walls and laying floor tile in "Phase 2".

I don't know...
Paul's pretty handy with a hammer and a saw.
With all that set building experience, you may not recognize the place
when you get back. When Montblack sets his mind to a getting a project
done, that's pretty much it.
Is the webcam set up yet?
Work and party are two things Paul knows well.

:-))
Old April 9th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article . com,
"bdl" wrote:

I tried to make it happen, but no such luck. We have a trip planned a
trip from 1H0 to KDTS to let my little one (almost 3) experience a
real beach (as opposed to the sandbox out back). I tried to work out
a side trip to Lakeland, but I couldn't make it work. At 120kts its
2.5 hours each way (unless I cut the corner, overwater, something not
in my personal risk tolerance). Which means an overnight there, plus
nap issues for my daughter, etc.

Not an issue, she will sleep while you fly.
My 14 year old is alseep within 20 minutes of liftoff and doesn't awaken
until I pull the power back for descent.
Old April 9th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Aren't the kids 14 or so, the boy even older? Can't they survive a couple
of days without their parents?

"Could" and "should" are two very different things.

I'm sure my 16 year old son and 13 year old daughter would have a
GRAND time with us gone for a week. I know I surely would have, at
their age.

Which leads us to Montblack, and his "Iron Fist" of discipline. We're
counting on him to keep our kids on the straight and narrow...and
perhaps even make them attend school during the week we're gone.

Mary is currently working on the NOTAM for Montblack now. It's
currently as long as the Sun N Fun Arrival Procedure, and will soon
exceed the Oshkosh NOTAM in both length and depth....

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 9th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Not an issue, she will sleep while you fly.
My 14 year old is alseep within 20 minutes of liftoff and doesn't awaken
until I pull the power back for descent.

Yep. We flew as a flight of two with Brian & Christine in their new
(to them) Cessna 172 today, coming back from Wisconsin.

In order to keep pace with their Skyhawk we were throttled back to 20
inches of MP, and 2000 RPM. At those settings, Atlas is so quiet that
BOTH kids fell right to sleep, and didn't awaken even when I landed!
Mary had to shake them awake as we were taxiing in...

Incidentally, at that throttle/prop setting, Atlas can stay in the air
NINE HOURS!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 9th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article .com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Incidentally, at that throttle/prop setting, Atlas can stay in the air
NINE HOURS!

When I first got checked out in my club's 182 back in 1981, I reviewed
the POH and discovered by looking at the endurance chart that it showed
11 hours at 55% power.
Old April 9th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

Incidentally, at that throttle/prop setting, Atlas can stay in the air
NINE HOURS!

Yes, but does it go backwards in a headwind?

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old April 9th 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Adams[_2_]

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
On the renovation front, we *should* be done with "Phase 1" of our
new lobby by the time he arrives (if I can finish up a few electrical
tasks in time). The day we get back from SNF, we start tearing out
walls and laying floor tile in "Phase 2".

Jay, do you have any plans or pics available of your renovation? Now that I finally made it back to your
place last summer, I am trying to visualize what you're doing to the place.

I won't make it to Sun n Fun this year, and probably not Oshkosh either, due to the time and distance
involved, but definitely enjoyed the pre-party and the North 40 party last year. Unfortunately, the pictures
keep coming up on my screen saver!

Mike
Old April 9th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Jay Honeck wrote:

In order to keep pace with their Skyhawk we were throttled back to 20
inches of MP, and 2000 RPM.

What's your IAS at that power setting? I get about 150-155 MPH,
depending on temp, burning about 8 gph. I would get about 10 hours and
have a 30 minute reserve.
Old April 9th 07, 06:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 8, 7:59 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
[...]

Hmm. Does that mean he will ripon them a new butt if they misbehave??
Rumor has it he rules with a iron fisk..... :-)

Old April 9th 07, 07:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Yep. We flew as a flight of two with Brian & Christine in their new (to
them) Cessna 172 today...

Huh?

Montblack