Aviator's Gin

Old December 29th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
quietguy

Default Aviator's Gin

Unsolicited testimonial: I tried Tri-Motor Amber Ale at a
bar-and-grill in Kalispell last summer, then came back the next night
despite their so-so food just for another pint of Tri-Motor. I like
their taps, too: propeller blades. Nice touch.

Old December 30th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("quietguy" wrote)
Unsolicited testimonial: I tried Tri-Motor Amber Ale at a
bar-and-grill in Kalispell last summer, then came back the next night
despite their so-so food just for another pint of Tri-Motor. I like
their taps, too: propeller blades. Nice touch.

There's a McDonald's I always stop at when I'm in Iowa. It's off of Wright
Brothers Blvd, just down the road from the (big) Eastern Iowa Cedar Rapids
Airport (KCID)

The story I heard is a local aviation enthusiast approached McDonald's with
an idea: Let's have some fun with your interior. I would have to say they
succeeded.

It's not just a picture here or some artwork there, rather, it's an entire
airport theme throughout the ...restaurant. Taxi lights, an airline fuselage
section to sit in, markings, display cases, airport lights above all of the
registers, etc. Very fun.

Montblack-cow-shake
ex-Arby's employee (1978)

Old December 30th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marc CYBW

Only approved with Aviator's tonic and Aviator's lime. That's the tricky
part.

Aviator's vermouth is under review.

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was at BevMo the other day looking for some good scotch and couldn't
help notice a bottle titled "Aviator's Gin". It even had a picture of
an airplane on it. I assume its FAA approved, I was going to call my
AME and ask if it was ok to drink it while flying, since it is
"Aviator's"

-Robert

Old December 30th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

It's not just a picture here or some artwork there, rather, it's an entire
airport theme throughout the ...restaurant.

Got any pics to share?

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.
Old December 30th 06, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Jose" wrote)
Got any pics to share?

I thought I clicked off a few (inside pics) on one of my trips down there.
So far, I haven't run across anything in my photo files, though.

Hmm? I must have walked in with the best of (Kodak moment) intentions, only
to walk out with a $1.00 double-cheeseburger, instead.

Oh well.

Montblack
I did shorten a certain Iowa aviator's life expectancy, by at least 5 years,
when I put him onto the N40 Hardee's Thickburger Specials this past July.
:-)

Old December 30th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
N2310D

I've got a batch of homemade pomegranate wine in the fermenter. Maybe I'll
call it Pilot's Pomegranate Pop.

Old December 31st 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vincent p. norris

You are now enlightened... G

But not very! Do you know the full story of Bully Hill Vneyards?

vince norris
Old December 31st 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bill Zaleski

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 19:22:05 -0500, vincent p. norris
wrote:

You are now enlightened... G

But not very! Do you know the full story of Bully Hill Vneyards?

vince norris

I make quite a few parachute junps into Bull Hill when Walter was
still alive. One was at an ox roast that he put on at the vineyard
one summer. His airport was operational at the time.
Old December 31st 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bill Zaleski

wrote:

You are now enlightened... G

But not very! Do you know the full story of Bully Hill Vneyards?

vince norris

I made quite a few parachute jumps into Bully Hill when Walter was
still alive. One was at an ox roast that he put on at the vineyard
one summer. His airport was operational at the time.

Sorry about the spelling.