Birdseye views and murphy's law

Old December 12th 06, 08:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
TThierry

Default Birdseye views and murphy's law

At the begining, everything works fine. You create a gallery dedicated
to birds'eye view pictures and test it for a few days. No problem.
Then, you open it and make it public on this newsgroup. The first day,
you get 200 visitors.
The problem is : this very same day and the next one, without any
warning, your internet provider chooses to move its database servers.
Result? Database is out of reach, all your visitors get an error
message and can't get anything more from your site than your homepage.

I am really sorry about this frustating experience many of you have
faced on saturday and sunday. It is over now and the site is really
open and functionnal on a - hopefully- brand new server.

The aim is to share the pictures we take when we fly with people who
only dream about it. All pictures remain yours. The site is free and
will remain free. There is a feature to protect your pictures against
illegal copying if you want.

http://www.airpictures.net

Regards,

Thierry,
PPL

Old December 12th 06, 10:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
Peter[_3_]

For those in Melbourne

http://www.federationsquare.com.au/i...Date=2006-12-1
&eventID=467

:-P

Old December 12th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
N2310D

"Peter" wrote in message
. 47...
For those in Melbourne

http://www.federationsquare.com.au/i...Date=2006-12-1
&eventID=467

:-P

I like TThierry's site better.

Old December 15th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
TThierry

The picture in the link you give was taken by Yann Arthus Bertrand, a
photographer specialized in air pictures. He is really good. He
published a book which is a world bestseller. In French, "La terre vue
du ciel", (The Earth seen from the sky). If there is an exhibition in
Melbourne with his pictures, go and see them.

You don't have to be as talented as he is, though, to add your pictures
in airpictures.net (Otherwise I couldn't have added mine. ) )

Thierry,
PPL

Old December 18th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
TThierry

To Coop:

Sorry, I had missed your post. You should be able to upload your
picture now. I've improved the interface : the file size is now longer
a problem. If it is too large, I reduce the size of the picture so that
you don't have to bother about it when you upload.

I check your form before you send it so that I can warn you if one of
the three compulsory fields is missing.

Next thing I'll do is fill again automatically the form when there is a
problem and you have to upload again.

Thanks for trying to upload and for your feed back. Let me know if you
still face a problem.

Regards,