FS2004 vs. Elite

Old September 29th 03, 05:53 PM
HankPilot2002

Default FS2004 vs. Elite

I am getting ready to buy my first flight sim package and was wondering about
the quality of FS2004 vs Elite. Is one package noticably better than the other
? I realize there is a huge price difference in the two. Any input you could
provide would be appreciated.

Hank

Old September 29th 03, 08:31 PM
Quilljar

HankPilot2002 wrote:
I am getting ready to buy my first flight sim package and was
wondering about the quality of FS2004 vs Elite. Is one package
noticably better than the other ? I realize there is a huge price
difference in the two. Any input you could provide would be
appreciated.

Hank

I would say that Elite is for proferssional pilots who wish to practise
their IFR approaches and systems. It is a very serious sim. For most people
who want to experience the joy of flying many types, and to have some
excellent world scenery for VFR flying, then FS2004 is preferable.
You can find Elite with Google and download a working demo.
Incidentally as a serious hobby simmer, I have tried ALL the available sims,
and while they all do have good points, it is difficult to beat the MSFS2004
for general aviation.

---

Old September 29th 03, 09:37 PM
HankPilot2002

Thank you for your reply.......I am interested in a multiple monitor set up
with a multi engine throttle quadrant as well. I am also looking at the Dash
-8 add on to FS2004.

Hank
Old September 29th 03, 10:33 PM
'Mort'

The flight model in Elite is excellant - only problem is you have to shoot
the odd pirate and Thargoid which interferes a little.

LMAO ! I've thought it many a time whem I've the sim mentioned ! NICE ONE !

FWIW Take a look at X-Plane as well...kind of falls half way between the two
IMHO

Mort

Old October 3rd 03, 10:07 AM
Jari Kähkönen

HankPilot2002 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.......I am interested in a multiple monitor set
up
with a multi engine throttle quadrant as well. I am also looking at the
Dash -8 add on to FS2004.

Hey Hank (still laughing at that Thargoid-stuffe

Multiple monitors is no problem, I'm flying my Dash8-Q300 with three
monitors. Two are connected to gf4-ti4200 and one is on Matrox Millenium
II. Here's the setup:

http://aerodome.net/~kahmy/efiv-pit.jpg

The pic is from my flight from EFTU to EFIV with Dash8. The laptop on the
left is my VATSIM "radarscreen". I'm flying all my flights in VATSIM.

Actually this is the Dash, it's payware from PSS (not yet patched for 2004,
but the patch is coming).

http://aerodome.net/~kahmy/dash-pushback.jpg

Hank

-Jari

Old October 3rd 03, 12:37 PM
HankPilot2002

Thank you for the reply ! What is VATSIM ?

Hank
Old October 6th 03, 12:14 PM
Jari Kähkönen

HankPilot2002 wrote:

Thank you for the reply ! What is VATSIM ?

Hank,

VATSIM means Virtual Air Trafic Network, meaning that it is a global
virtual world, including "real virtual" pilots (human pilots that are
flying in virtual world that can see each other in multiplay) and air
trafic controllers (human ATC's).

Read mo http://www.vatsim.net/about.html

Hank

-Jari