Thanks to all -- the last aviation theme suite is finally DONE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 8th 09, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Thanks to all -- the last aviation theme suite is finally DONE

VOR-DME wrote:
Worst I've seen I think is the airport in Amsterdam. Flew through there last
week, and they were charging EUR3.00 ($4.00) for fifteen minutes!

Hotels in Europe are finally catching on that their clients will stay in the
dive next door without the fancy bar lounge but that offers free access. I know
several hotels offering free access within the past year, where previously it
as about EUR25 per 24-hour period.

People are smarter than hotel owners think (OK Jay, I'll make that *some* hotel
owners). I don't think I've picked up a hotel telephone receiver in the past
ten years. . .

In article , says...

Jay Honeck schrieb:
And it just aggravates the hell out of me when we travel, to find how many
hotels STILL don't offer free wireless.

so true; it'd cost them next to nothing to at least offer free access in
the lobby. Fom my own experience I know that it is most of the time very
costly to wire or "to wifi" larger areas.

It's gotten to the point where
that's a deciding factor in where we stay.

same here.

(We stayed at an Embassy Suites
in Austin, Texas a few weeks ago, and they had the gall to charge $14.95 per
night PER CONNECTION. We won't be making *that* mistake again...)

sometimes I think they want to sell internet access and don't want to
rent out rooms.

Free WiFi was a good choice -- thanks to you.

#m

Speaking of free internet service. Last year I stayed in a very nice
beach side hotel near St. Pete, FL. They charged you a fee for wi-fi in
your room. But, it was free in the lobby and bar area. So I take my
laptop, go get a table in the bar area, enjoy a snack, and use my
computer for free. Go figure.

Jay, Nice to see that you are coming back to the usenet some more. Hope
more come back. One of the things I wanted to do was fly to your hotel.
I guess I will have to drive now. We were close last September on our
way to Minn. while driving I-35 though Iowa, but just didn't have the time.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP