President Bush's at EAA AirVenture, Friday

Old October 14th 04, 06:26 PM
Fitzair4

Default President Bush's at EAA AirVenture, Friday

President Bush to Speak at Oshkosh
October 14 -- Wisconsin state Republican Party officials have rented a portion
of Wittman Regional Airport, including two EAA AirVenture exhibit hangars, for
President George W. Bush's Oshkosh campaign appearance on Friday, October 15.
Organizers selected the Wittman site because of its location, the size of the
facilities, which include the large EAA exhibit halls, and ample parking space
for an expected crowd numbering in the thousands, as well as security needs
surrounding presidential events. The campaign stop was selected earlier this
week. The President is expected to arrive on the grounds in the late afternoon
and give a speech to gathered supporters at about 5:20 p.m.
As a nonprofit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code, EAA may
not endorse political candidates, form political action committees or otherwise
participate in political campaigns. Accordingly, EAA underscores the
business-only nature of this rental arrangement. EAA is apprising the state's
Democratic Party that such rental arrangements for event venues are available
on an equal basis.

Old October 15th 04, 02:08 AM
Blueskies

"Fitzair4" wrote in message ...

[...]

Just try to fly in...

Old October 15th 04, 03:28 AM
StellaStar

President Bush to Speak at Oshkosh
October 14 --

Sho' nuff...

Based on information from press reports, the president is scheduled
to be in the area for an event at 5:20 p.m. local on Friday. AOPA
anticipates that the notam will establish a large temporary flight
restriction (TFR) limiting general aviation flight. Typically, these
presidential travel-related TFRs are 60 nautical miles in diameter
(30-nm radius) and contain one or more smaller general aviation no-fly
zones. AOPA will post the notam on AOPA Online
( http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/notams.html )
Old October 15th 04, 05:28 AM
Jim Weir

(StellaStar)

-
- President Bush to Speak at Oshkosh
- October 14 --
-
-Sho' nuff...
-
-Based on information from press reports, the president is scheduled
-to be in the area for an event at 5:20 p.m. local on Friday. AOPA
-anticipates that the notam will establish a large temporary flight
-restriction (TFR) limiting general aviation flight. Typically, these
-presidential travel-related TFRs are 60 nautical miles in diameter
-(30-nm radius) and contain one or more smaller general aviation no-fly
-zones. AOPA will post the notam on AOPA Online
-(
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/notams.html )

Could we somehow get to the Kerry campaign and have them rent another facility
on the field for the same day/time and have Kerry ask for a NON TFR (as is his
MO) and see whose TFR will win? That will be a telling dueling TFR and settle
once and for all this stupidity.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old October 15th 04, 12:16 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Richard Riley says...

If Karl Rove had had any insight, he would have gotten AF1 to do a low
pass during Airventure, without GWB on board so it wouln't have
triggered a TFR. A Quantis 747 did a low pass about 10 years ago, it
was beautiful.

I was there and it was a wonder to behold. Such a big plane so close to the
ground and going a lot faster then when taking off. I vote for that again .My
kid works for Continential maybe if I call the promo dept they'll do a fly by
for 2005. :-)

See ya

Chuck S

Old October 15th 04, 02:36 PM
D. Grunloh

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

In article , Richard Riley says...

If Karl Rove had had any insight, he would have gotten AF1 to do a low
pass during Airventure, without GWB on board so it wouln't have
triggered a TFR. A Quantis 747 did a low pass about 10 years ago, it
was beautiful.

I was there and it was a wonder to behold. Such a big plane so close to the
ground and going a lot faster then when taking off. I vote for that again .My
kid works for Continential maybe if I call the promo dept they'll do a fly by
for 2005. :-)

See ya

Chuck S

I saw that too and it was really cool. I'm replying at this point in the thread
before 7 more newgroups were added.

Did you also see that huge Russian transport that came in some years
back just before the fall of the the USSR? They brought it some
aerobatic planes and did a demo with apparently no load and
minumum fuel. It looked like a football field flying around
at Piper Cub speeds.

--Dan

Old October 15th 04, 02:52 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , D. Grunloh says...
Did you also see that huge Russian transport that came in some years
back just before the fall of the the USSR? They brought it some
aerobatic planes and did a demo with apparently no load and
minumum fuel. It looked like a football field flying around
at Piper Cub speeds.

Hey Dan I saw that one as well maybe we can get EAA to do a Parade of Giantsat
the show next year. The Russian transport a 747, DC-10 B-52 etc.It would be neat
to see them all in the air at once doing passes down the runway. But maybe it's
just wishful thinking :-0

See ya

chuck S

Old October 15th 04, 03:40 PM
Bob Chilcoat

I can just imagine the fuel bill for that one, Chuck.

I don't have to like Bush and Cheney (Or Kerry, for that matter) to love
America

Old October 15th 04, 04:08 PM
Ron Natalie

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
In article , D. Grunloh says...

Did you also see that huge Russian transport that came in some years
back just before the fall of the the USSR? They brought it some
aerobatic planes and did a demo with apparently no load and
minumum fuel. It looked like a football field flying around
at Piper Cub speeds.

Hey Dan I saw that one as well maybe we can get EAA to do a Parade of Giantsat
the show next year. The Russian transport a 747, DC-10 B-52 etc.It would be neat
to see them all in the air at once doing passes down the runway. But maybe it's
just wishful thinking :-0

Hey, W made a low pass over the Wright Bros. centennial in AF-1. It was
kind of cool...I'd never had expected that the powers that be would have
ever allowed that, but Bush made his speech and departed in the helicopter
and a while later a B-2 made a low pass (and I'm just about recovered from
that) when AF-1 does the same thing.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Is Bush the Better Peace-With-Europe Candidate? Glenn Weinstein Home Built 13 August 31st 04 03:34 PM
Msg from CIVA President Col Aresti Big G Aerobatics 0 November 24th 03 06:00 PM