pearl harbor, why no usn a/c in the air?

Old April 18th 04, 07:29 AM
Tiger

Keith Willshaw wrote:

"nice guy" wrote in message

poor intelligence from the dem administration

The democratic party was not responsible for intelligence gathering
as I recall, however the base commanders had been sent warnings
that clearly stated that war was imminent. Indeed the message sent
by Admiral Stark to Admiral Kimmel and General Short on
November 27 began

"This dispatch is to be considered a war warning.... Negotiations
with Japan looking toward stabilization of conditions in the Pacific
have ceased and an aggressive move by Japan is expected within
the next few days...Execute appropriate defensive deployment
preparatory to carrying out the tasks assigned in WPL 46 "

Keith

Ala 911 , Hawaii was not seen as the target. Thats why we deployed
planes to Midway & Wake and was sending reinforcements to the
Phillipines like the PT boats loaded to go to MTB squadron 3. The Intel
was all hot about movements toward Malaya. Thus, the Brits put Force Z
out to Sea from Singapore. Stop trying to refight the battle. We lost,
period end of story!

Old April 18th 04, 10:30 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Tiger" wrote in message
Keith Willshaw wrote:

If I launched a attack this Morning in 2004 on Norfolk, VA how prepared
would they be? About the same..... Oceania NAS might scramble jets.
Most ships in port would not be ready to steam out.
No torpedo nets, Live ammo mostly in the magazines,
lots of guys on shore. My subs could launch cruise missles
and sink most of the fleet today beter than a flock of Vals & Kates.

The difference being the commanders at Pearl Harbor had been
sent a message from Washington that began

Old April 18th 04, 10:33 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Tiger" wrote in message
Keith Willshaw wrote:

Ala 911 , Hawaii was not seen as the target. Thats why we deployed planes

Midway & Wake and was sending reinforcements to the Phillipines like the
PT boats loaded to go to MTB squadron 3. The Intel was all hot about
movements toward Malaya. Thus, the Brits put Force Z out to Sea
from Singapore. Stop trying to refight the battle.

There's a difference between refighting the battle and
analysing the errors made. Nothing could have prevented
the attack BUT the fleet anchorage could and should have
been better prepared.

We lost, period end of story!

In strategic terms it was at best a pyhrric vicotry for
the IJN

PS please dont post using HTML

Keith

Old April 18th 04, 05:48 PM
Henry J Cobb

Tiger wrote:
Why Are we refighting Pearl Harbor????? Is this "Final Conflict?" Is the
Nimtz going to travel through a time portal so VF 84 can splash Zeros
again?????

I fear that it might be repeated with a Chinese ballistic missile,
guided by the joint European/Chinese GALILEO satellite radio navigation
system, fired into the base of the forward deployed American fleet.

-HJC
Old April 18th 04, 05:56 PM
Henry J Cobb

Keith Willshaw wrote:
"Tiger" wrote in message
If I launched a attack this Morning in 2004 on Norfolk, VA how prepared
would they be? About the same..... Oceania NAS might scramble jets.
Most ships in port would not be ready to steam out.
No torpedo nets, Live ammo mostly in the magazines,
lots of guys on shore. My subs could launch cruise missles
and sink most of the fleet today beter than a flock of Vals & Kates.

The difference being the commanders at Pearl Harbor had been
sent a message from Washington that began

'This dispatch is to be considered a war warning.'

That's like saying "Bin Laden determined to strike in US" without giving
the time, place or nature of the attack.

They assumed sabotage and they prepared for their own assumptions.

-HJC
Old May 11th 04, 10:30 PM
DBurch7672

I meant to ask if "Purple" was an American or Japanese name for the code I
mentioned! Sorry, my bad!
Old May 12th 04, 08:30 PM
John

DBurch7672 wrote:

I meant to ask if "Purple" was an American or Japanese name for the code I
mentioned! Sorry, my bad!

American,,