Piper PA-28 question

Old September 17th 04, 12:01 PM
Jay Masino

Roy Smith wrote:
Assuming it works. From what I've seen of various Cherokees, as often
as not, they're pretty much inop. It connects into the rudder cable
system with springs. The springs eventually wear out or get out of
adjustment, and people tend not to bother fixing them.

Hmmmm. That's weird. Mine is 37 years old, and it always seems to work
whenever I need to tweek it.

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old September 17th 04, 02:36 PM
Marco Leon

Interesting. I'll have to give it a try. If it works, I'll owe you a cold
one!

Marco

"vincent p. norris" wrote in message
Mine works but just *barely*. It takes quite a bit of turning to budge

the
rudder.

The trick is to give the knob a turn, then kick the appropriate
rudder pedal. Always works for me. I presume the kick ovecomes the
friction or "stickiness" in the system.

vince norris

Old September 18th 04, 02:19 AM
vincent p. norris

Interesting. I'll have to give it a try. If it works, I'll owe you a cold
one!

Deal, Marco! Will you come here to treat me, or must I come to your
place?

vince norris

Old September 20th 04, 06:43 PM
Marco Leon

I'm based out of Long Island, NY (KFRG). I want to check out your solution
in the next few days.

Old September 21st 04, 12:02 AM
Robert

Those items are part of your annual. If they are not corrected then you need
to bring it up to you AP IA next time out so he will be sure to verify
proper rigging of your controls and possibly find corrosion has set in to
inhibit proper pilot adjustments. You never know how far these minor things
might become major.