Lindbergh's other family

Old December 1st 03, 03:44 PM
Larry Dighera

Default Lindbergh's other family

This news is a bit shocking:

AVflash Volume 9, Number 49a — December 1, 2003
LINDBERGH'S SECRET LIFE CONFIRMED
Three German siblings said last week that DNA tests have proved
what they long suspected: Charles Lindbergh was their father. The
three, Dyrk Hesshaimer, Astrid Bouteuil and David Hesshaimer, were
born in 1958, 1960 and 1967. They are not seeking money from the
Lindbergh family -- their father visited them once or twice a year
during their childhood and took care of them financially. But
their mother hid his true identity from the children, a ruse that
was made easier by the language barrier. Last summer, a grandson
of Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Morgan Lindbergh, traveled
to Europe to meet the Hesshaimers and agreed to take a DNA test,
which proved their lineage.
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#186185

Lindy was first to successfully solo the Atlantic from New York to
Paris in 1927, and received international accolades for the feat. But
just when you were getting over his repugnant eugenic beliefs,
instance on a US policy of isolation in the face of Hitler's
brutality, and crass acceptance of a Nazi decoration, more muck is
revealed about this aviation icon.

Once he cut Harry Bruno, his publicist, loose he began to sink into
the quagmire of his personal beliefs. Perhaps his "secret family" was
a hedge against another kidnaping. :-)
Old December 1st 03, 04:44 PM
Trent Moorehead

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

This news is a bit shocking:

AVflash Volume 9, Number 49a - December 1, 2003
LINDBERGH'S SECRET LIFE CONFIRMED
Three German siblings said last week that DNA tests have proved
what they long suspected: Charles Lindbergh was their father.

I am reading "Under a Wing" by Reeve Lindbergh, Charles Lindbergh's youngest
daughter (by Anne Morrow Lindbergh). In fact, I just met her for a book
reading less than a month ago. It's a story about her life with her parents.
Her memories of her father is that he was gone a lot and I bet this news
will make sense to her, but won't be welcomed.

-Trent
PP-ASEL

Old December 1st 03, 05:19 PM
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:44:43 -0500, "Trent Moorehead"
wrote in Message-Id:
:

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
.. .

This news is a bit shocking:

AVflash Volume 9, Number 49a - December 1, 2003
LINDBERGH'S SECRET LIFE CONFIRMED
Three German siblings said last week that DNA tests have proved
what they long suspected: Charles Lindbergh was their father.

I am reading "Under a Wing" by Reeve Lindbergh, Charles Lindbergh's youngest
daughter (by Anne Morrow Lindbergh). In fact, I just met her for a book
reading less than a month ago. It's a story about her life with her parents.
Her memories of her father is that he was gone a lot and I bet this news
will make sense to her, but won't be welcomed.

If Morgan Lindbergh provided the DNA last summer that confirmed the
lineage of his half-siblings, one would think the rest of the family
would have been aware of the scandal for a while now.
Old December 1st 03, 07:58 PM
Phil McAverty

wrote in Message-Id:
:

[...]

So what- its no big deal, happens all the time

Old December 1st 03, 08:33 PM
Dennis O'Connor

Why? Lindy was a gypsy during the early years, sleeping under the wing,
hopping passengers for money, taking sustenance, and comfort, where he could
find it..

Paul Simon wrote about that in a song...

As a mail pilot he didn't have a home, so home was wherever he was at the
moment... After he achieved fame, women threw themselves at him... Ask any
rock musician, NBA player, etc., etc... It was us who put him up on the
pedestal, not him... If all he ever became was an itinerant pilot, no one
would care if he had a lady here and there - and no one would be shocked...

As a working physician, I hear all the secrets... And I suspect, that Ann
Morrow knew what came with the territory when she married the most famous
man of his time...

Denny

Old December 1st 03, 08:49 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"H.J." wrote in message

No wonder he was turncoat isolationist during WWII: he had babies in
NAZI Germany.

The oldest child was born in 1958. I suggest you review the history of
World War II.

To be fair, he did contribute immensely to the performance of P-38s in the
Pacific (doubling their range by just teaching pilots to fly them more
efficiently).

His techniques increased range significantly, but they did not double it.

Old December 1st 03, 08:53 PM
Dave Stadt

"Trent Moorehead" wrote in message

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

This news is a bit shocking:

AVflash Volume 9, Number 49a - December 1, 2003
LINDBERGH'S SECRET LIFE CONFIRMED
Three German siblings said last week that DNA tests have proved
what they long suspected: Charles Lindbergh was their father.

I am reading "Under a Wing" by Reeve Lindbergh, Charles Lindbergh's

youngest
daughter (by Anne Morrow Lindbergh). In fact, I just met her for a book
reading less than a month ago. It's a story about her life with her

parents.
Her memories of her father is that he was gone a lot and I bet this news
will make sense to her, but won't be welcomed.

-Trent
PP-ASEL

This will not be news to Reeve or any others in the Lindbergh family.

Old December 1st 03, 08:56 PM
H.J.

No wonder he was turncoat isolationist during WWII: he had babies in NAZI
Germany.
To be fair, he did contribute immensely to the performance of P-38s in the
Pacific (doubling their range by just teaching pilots to fly them more
efficiently). And he did fly on a few combat missions even though he was
told not to.

Old December 1st 03, 10:03 PM
Dave Stadt

"H.J." wrote in message
No wonder he was turncoat isolationist during WWII:

If you will study history a little you will discover nearly the entire US
was spouting isolationism quite a few years into the war.

he had babies in NAZI Germany.

Germany was NAZI in the late '50s and '60s? Now that is news!

Old December 1st 03, 11:25 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Dennis O'Connor wrote:

Why? Lindy was a gypsy during the early years, sleeping under the wing,
hopping passengers for money, taking sustenance, and comfort, where he could
find it..

The late 50s is hardly the "early years".

George Patterson
Some people think they hear a call to the priesthood when what they really
hear is a tiny voice whispering "It's indoor work with no heavy lifting".