USMC F7-F Tigercat 80390 by moonlight?

Old June 21st 07, 01:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Russell Underwood

Default USMC F7-F Tigercat 80390 by moonlight?

Well, sort of....
NX700F NAS Oceana 21Sep97.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	USMC F7-F Tigercat 80390 fly-by NX700F NAS Oceana 21Sep97 -Russell Underwood.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	13406
Old June 21st 07, 02:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Nice, but what's the white bar on the right wing?

Brian
Old June 21st 07, 06:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Zomby Woof

My best guess it is says "MARINES", but at this distance and quality it's
all squished up.

ZW

ng.com...

Old June 21st 07, 07:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Denis F. Blake

ClearlyG says MARINES..

DBlake

Old June 21st 07, 10:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Russell Underwood

"Denis F. Blake" wrote in message
ClearlyG says MARINES..

DBlake

It says MARINES, as pointed out.
It is also an enlarged half-frame, due to a lack of focal length, as pointed
out. I'm working on that one now.

Russell Underwood

Old June 21st 07, 12:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

On closer inspection, I see. It's also fully consistent with (immediate
post-WWII) marking schemes, I believe. Very nice shot, showing off the
A/C's gracefulness in the air.

Brian
Old June 21st 07, 05:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Russell Underwood

I believe this plane was here with a Hellcat, and both planes were from the
Kalamazoo Air Zoo, if I recall correctly....

Russell Underwood

Old June 22nd 07, 12:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Richard Goldsberry

Paint?

ng.com...