SpaceShip One

Old June 13th 04, 10:35 PM
Gene Seibel

Default SpaceShip One

Anyone else planning to go to Mojave to see Burt Rutan's ship fly?

http://www.scaled.com/projects/tiero...ews/062104.htm
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html
Old June 14th 04, 07:33 AM
Brenor Brophy

I going, I already got my Prior Permission to land on Sunday 6/20 at 4pm.
Couldn't miss history being made so close to home.

-Brenor

om...

Old June 14th 04, 07:52 AM

I'm going. I'm taking Monday off from work so I can head out there the night
before. It'll be a long night, but worth it in my opinion. One thing I've
been wondering though - how big is this thing going to be? I envision it
either being a dozen people standing around at dawn, or the the biggest
event Mojave airport has ever seen. Any idea where it's going to fall
between those two extremes?

-Tony
Student Pilot

Old June 14th 04, 09:03 AM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Gene Seibel wrote:
Anyone else planning to go to Mojave to see Burt Rutan's ship fly?

I sooo wanted to go, but before it was announced I picked the 21st to
start a new job... Of all the days...!

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old June 14th 04, 01:27 PM
Gene Seibel

Cool. Unfortunately, I am going to CA commercial, but this this has to
be a "do not miss".

Old June 14th 04, 03:13 PM
Casey Wilson

wrote in message
I'm going. I'm taking Monday off from work so I can head out there the

night
before. It'll be a long night, but worth it in my opinion. One thing I've
been wondering though - how big is this thing going to be? I envision it
either being a dozen people standing around at dawn, or the the biggest
event Mojave airport has ever seen. Any idea where it's going to fall
between those two extremes?

Well, every motel room in Mojave has been booked for that date since
the day after the first press release. But then, there are only five motels.

Old June 14th 04, 03:23 PM
Casey Wilson

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Brenor Brophy" wrote in message
. com...

I going, I already got my Prior Permission to land on Sunday 6/20 at

4pm.
Couldn't miss history being made so close to home.

History being made?

As much as I hate feeding this troll....
Yes, Mr. McNicoll, history. History in the fact that this, if
successful, will be the first flight into the realms of NASA defined 'outer
space' by a civilian organization not subsidized by any government funding.
It won't be the last. And it even might lead to advances in aviation to the
benefit of us all.
While you, in your purile attempts for attention, want to create
animus, there are those of us who cheer the effort.
Way back when, I used to enjoy reading your posts. Some of them were
informative. Now, you pick petty arguments and contribute very little to
this small sector of the aviation community.

PLONK!!!!!

Warmest regards,

Casey Wilson
Freelance Writer and Photographer

Old June 14th 04, 03:31 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Casey Wilson" wrote in message

As much as I hate feeding this troll....
Yes, Mr. McNicoll, history. History in the fact that this, if
successful, will be the first flight into the realms of NASA defined

'outer
space' by a civilian organization not subsidized by any government

funding.

Swell, but why does that make it historically significant?

Old June 14th 04, 06:04 PM
Jack Allison

As much as I hate feeding this troll....

Ooooh, the "T" word...now you've done it Casey :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL, IA Student

you will always long to return"