Recording flights

Old March 8th 11, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Brent[_2_]

Default Recording flights

Thank you both

For now i'm going on the cheap scrounging method, otherwise known as
wahtever i wind up with.

A second headset for a passenger and a trip form canada to Sun'n'fun are my
absolute priorities. (if i get the trip in i will be essentially done the
build up time requirements for my commercial license) after that i will keep
an eye out for recording equipment.

I appreciate the explanations and videos you have both given

wrote in message
On Mar 1, 12:02 am, "Chris AKA (Dude)" wrote:
I would rather put the money
into flying than a $500 camera setup. Maybe after I have my ticket I
will sell off and upgrade my setup.

IMHO, put the money to flying. What you have is absolutely
outstanding considering the method of delivery via You Tube.

If you wanted to upgrade your setup for local or offline viewing, that
would be different but I really don't find it that much more enjoyable
viewing experience with HD or high resolution when 640 * 480 meets my
needs. Plus the extra time it takes to stream is more aggravating to
me waiting for high rez videos to buffer. I also find the encoding
done by You Tube degrades the video compared to local play back.

I wish when I started my IA training I had something you haave in an
affordable way as was like close to $500 per camera or more when I
started 8 years ago and not nearly as good as what you have now! I
love your panel view and that's where I say it will pay dividends for
your IA training (and afterwards).

I am really looking forward to continued flight lessons and getting my
instrument one day too. Ill probably fly for a year and then start it.

Good plan as that is exactly what worked for me :-)

Enjoy the fantasy of flight without pressure plus it gives you plenty
of time to hone in your skills for holding altitude and heading along
with having fun doing XC's. Just make sure you get an instructor that
isn't afraid of touching a cloud when you cross that bridge

Old November 11th 11, 04:16 PM
sajtzaupoznavanje sajtzaupoznavanje is offline
Junior Member

rnWhat do you think about the Digi 002? Its a little pricy, but it seems like this would be the ultimate portable recording setup if you have a recent model laptop with firewire.

Recording Hobbs BG Owning 8 December 7th 06 02:40 PM
Recording Hobbs BG Piloting 11 December 7th 06 01:04 PM
recording communications Casey Webster Piloting 10 February 13th 04 06:39 PM
Lancaster Sound Recording. M. J. Powell Military Aviation 8 January 6th 04 11:46 PM