Cambridge Model 20

Old May 2nd 19, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cambridge Model 20

I was wondering if my flight recorder was effected by the GPS recent outage so I plugged it in and noticed that it took a long time for the light to start blinking. Now its a very thick cloudy day today but it concerned me. What are the indicators of date problems with the GPS issues. I do plug the recorder in to charge the battery every 4-6 weeks and had the unit rebuilt a couple years ago.

DC
Old May 2nd 19, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 12:23:39 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I was wondering if my flight recorder was effected by the GPS recent outage so I plugged it in and noticed that it took a long time for the light to start blinking. Now its a very thick cloudy day today but it concerned me. What are the indicators of date problems with the GPS issues. I do plug the recorder in to charge the battery every 4-6 weeks and had the unit rebuilt a couple years ago.

DC

Download an igc file and check the date.
Old May 2nd 19, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_6_]

At 16:30 02 May 2019, Dan Daly wrote:
On Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 12:23:39 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I was wondering if my flight recorder was effected by the GPS recent

outa=
ge so I plugged it in and noticed that it took a long time for the light
to=
start blinking. Now its a very thick cloudy day today but it concerned
me.=
What are the indicators of date problems with the GPS issues. I do plug
th=
e recorder in to charge the battery every 4-6 weeks and had the unit
rebuil=
t a couple years ago.
=20
DC

Download an igc file and check the date.

That is to say, an IGC file recorded After 6th April.

Old May 2nd 19, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 12:23:39 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I was wondering if my flight recorder was effected by the GPS recent outage so I plugged it in and noticed that it took a long time for the light to start blinking. Now its a very thick cloudy day today but it concerned me. What are the indicators of date problems with the GPS issues. I do plug the recorder in to charge the battery every 4-6 weeks and had the unit rebuilt a couple years ago.

DC

Dennis, your FR is not a Cambridge, right? What model is it? And there wasn't an outage, just a "week rollover". Shouldn't affect recent models. Just try it again, OUTSIDE, and give it plenty of time to find a fix. Even if it's affected by the rollover, it should find its location. Then take it on a drive to create an IGC log file, and check the date embedded in the log file. If it's from 1999 you've got a problem.