USA - All students must show "papers"

Old October 9th 04, 03:46 AM
Stewart Kissel

Nope, just the guy who runs the place I get my BFR
at

At 01:24 09 October 2004, Btiz wrote:
and Dave C is a TSA authority how?

'Stewart Kissel' wrote in
message ...
Tom-

Dave C. at Mile-Hi said an existing license counts...I
just called him.

At 18:00 08 October 2004, Tango4 wrote:
How does Boeing get a non-US citizen to check out on
say a new 777? Do they
have to do it outside the borders of the US or do they
teach 'em in a sim
and let 'em loose on the real thing straight away?

:-J

Ian

'tango4' wrote in message
So I take it no visitors to the US can get any instruction?
Has that
killed all the flight schools offering cheaper flight
training for
European pilots?

What about visiting pilots wanting a checkride before
taking a club or FBO
ship?

Talk about overkill!

Ian

'Tom Serkowski' wrote in message
m...
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/regtsa.html

Beginning October 20, 2004, all pilots wishing to
recieve instruction
- including a BFR, must show proff of US citizenship
to the
instructor. Very scary.

I have heard from a reliable source that if a CFI
allows a passenger
to touch the controls, that is considered instruction
in the TSA's
eyes.

The instructor must see a document such as an ORIGINAL
naturalization
certificate and keep a copy for 5 years. Yet on my
certificate it
says it is illegal to copy it.

I called SSA today regarding another subject and also
asked about
this. The office person I talked to knew nothing.
And of course the
SSA website is also mute on this. Dennis was unfortunately
on another
call, so I didn't get a chance to ask him.

Tom Serkowski
ASH-26E (5Z)

Old October 9th 04, 03:48 AM
Chip Fitzpatrick

Where in this does it state that an existing pilot certificate is all
that is required???

Any U.S. citizen applying for training, including recurrent training,
in an aircraft weighing less than 12,500 pounds must present the
flight school or flight instructor with evidence of U.S. citizenship.
Evidence may be shown by one of the following:
Valid unexpired U.S. passport
Original birth certificate and government-issued picture ID
Original U.S. naturalization or citizenship certificate with raised
seal and government-issued picture ID
Original certificate of U.S. citizenship and government-issued picture
ID
The flight school or flight instructor will retain a copy of the
documentation for a period of 5 years.
Impact to flight schools and freelance flight instructors:

Any flight school or a freelance flight instructor providing training
in an aircraft weighing less than 12,500 pounds must comply with the
following:
Determine whether an individual is an U.S. citizen. Evidence may be
shown by one of the following:
Valid unexpired U.S. passport
Original birth certificate and government-issued picture ID
Original U.S. naturalization or citizenship certificate with raised
seal and government-issued picture ID
Original certificate of U.S. citizenship and government-issued picture
ID
Register with TSA if providing training to foreign students
Notify TSA when a foreign applicant requests training
Submit to TSA a photo of the foreign applicant after he or she first
arrives for training
For recurrent training, the following must also be submitted to TSA:
Foreign applicant's full name
TSA/DOJ identification number
Copy of foreign applicant's current, unexpired passport and visa
Training details
Photo of the foreign applicant after he or she first arrives for
training
Retain applicant information and TSA approval records for five years.
The records are subject to TSA audit.
Immediately terminate a foreign applicant's training if informed by
TSA the applicant poses a threat to aviation or national security.
Ground school and demonstration flights are exempt from the rule and
recurrent training is exempt from the fingerprints requirement.
Flight schools and freelance flight instructors, regardless of whether
they are training foreign students, must provide initial and annual
recurrent "security awareness training" for each flight school
employee that has a direct contact with a flight school student
(regardless of citizenship or nationality).
Flight school employees must receive the initial security awareness
training by January 18, 2005. Employees hired after January 18, 2005
must receive the training within 60 days of being hired.
Schools must maintain a record of such training for one year after the
employee leaves the school. Again, these records are subject to TSA
and FAA audit.
TSA's initial online security awareness training program will be
available on October 30, 2004 at www.tsa.gov.
Flight schools, including freelance flight instructors, that fail to
comply with the rule's requirements may be subject to enforcement
action.
Old October 9th 04, 04:23 AM
Marc Ramsey

Bernie Lewis wrote:
If it keeps ONE rag head from trying to
blow something up with an aircraft....

Rag head?

Old October 9th 04, 04:31 AM
Nyal Williams

At 03:48 09 October 2004, Marc Ramsey wrote:
Bernie Lewis wrote:
If it keeps ONE rag head from trying to
blow something up with an aircraft....

Rag head?

You know, a glider pilot wearing a terry cloth hat.
In other words, anyone outside my own culture.

Old October 9th 04, 06:31 AM
Pete Brown

This is the place to start to figure out how to work through
the new TSA regs for instructors with foreign pilots.

http://www.faasafety.gov/notices/200...le_9-27-04.doc

--

Peter D. Brown
http://home.gci.net/~pdb/

Old October 9th 04, 09:54 AM
Dave Martin

Having read through the paper work and some of the
arguments, in the context of larger aircraft and pilot
training a small price to to pay for security. In this
context many of the checks seem common sense and any
self respecting training establishment should be taking
their own similar security steps.

When it comes to small aircraft especially gliders
then it appears heavy handed and ill thought out. The
politicians as usual not knowing their 8rse from their
elbow and shoving a cork up their 8rse to prevent diarrhoea.

For existing licence holders, the question that needs
answering is what is training. A pilot with existing
licences, permits call it what you will, undergoing
say and annual or a site check flight is not training.

The big worry is that once this practice becomes established
in the USA, then aviation round the world will follow.
This will place a large burden on our sport which may
see some of the establishments forced out of business.

I also suspect the glider movement would soon pick
out the new ASH25 owner filling his ballast tanks with
explosives then setting off into the wide blue yonder
to blow something up.

Another thread asks abut flying lawyers, what about
flying politicians.........!

Old October 9th 04, 02:27 PM
Pete Reinhart

That's "Scarebus", Bubba.
Cheers!

"Shawn" wrote in message
Janusz Kesik wrote:
U¿ytkownik ADP w wiadomo¶ci do grup

dyskusyjnych ...

How they ever got a single Airbus piece of crap in the air is beyond me.
It simply proves that you can undercut any decent aircraft on price
and the Airlines will go for it. No wonder the Airlines can't survive!

Allan

O yes... Everything which hasn't been made in America must be crap...

ROTFL!

No, no, not at all. I love my 'Skeeter. Just Air Bust is crap :-)

Shawn

Old October 9th 04, 02:49 PM
Marian Aldenhövel

Hi,

That's "Scarebus", Bubba.

Seen from the other side "Boeing" is the sound something
springy makes when it hits the ground.

Ciao, MM
--
Marian Aldenhövel, Rosenhain 23, 53123 Bonn.
Fon +49 228 624013, Fax +49 228 624031.
Old October 9th 04, 03:54 PM
Shawn

Pete Reinhart wrote: