Oshkosh 2005 pictures up

Old August 15th 05, 05:37 PM
Jim Burns

Although y'all 're nuts or drunk, I like the trailer idea. Of course you'd
have it painted with the Alexis Hotel and Suites Traveling Road Show logo on
it. And I think that the PMC would be housed inside the trailer, would have
to take on a new life form, something like one of those little refrigerators
or a tank and ice that would hold say... um... a 1/4 barrel?? CO2 system or
a compressor run off the generator. Soda, water, and beer taps would extend
out the side of the trailer in several locations so there would be no
waiting for service. We could have a restaurant sized fold out gas grill
and griddle on the side of the trailer. Every morning the North 40 could
wake up to the smell of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Each night a laptop
w/DVD and a LCD projector would project the day's pictures and airplane
movies onto a roll down screen. A roll out awning with roll down sides
would make a temporary tent for those unable to navigate homeward. A couple
orange rotating lights would make you look "official".

Build it and they will come! Think big Jay!

I've got room to store it and I'd even drive over to OSH the day before and
pick you up so we can get it tranported to your site, then after OSH I could
pull it home. The gate Nazi's be damned!

Jim

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
No more hauling around the PMC -- "Pimp My Cooler", AKA: "The

Coffin"??

Wow, I can almost see Jim (Burns) and Montblack pumping their fists

and
shouting "YES!" from here!

Call me a defeatist ...but this building will need an access point, no?

:-)

Your papers please! "Mach Schnell....schnell, schnell."

Crap, I suppose you're right. We'll STILL have to transport the stuff
out to the campsite, somehow.

Wait -- a TRAILER! That's what we need! Keep all the supplies in a
trailer, inside the storage facility, throughout the year.

Then, when you come to OSH next year, you simply hook it up to your van
(which you have somehow magically transported onto the grounds, and
driven right up to the Exhibit halls without anyone noticing) and drive
it out to the North 40 -- where we won't have arrived yet!

You will then have to predict precisely where we will be camping, and
drop the load right *there*...

Okay, maybe there are some holes in the plan here...but we'll fill 'em
somehow!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 15th 05, 05:46 PM
Jim Burns

I like the round engines... think Beech 18 or DC3

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
Okay, maybe there are some holes in the plan here...but we'll fill 'em
somehow!

Maybe you only need a plane BIIIIG enough? Then you can have the trailer
plus grill plus bikes plus your Piper all stored ...

Okay, well, if we pooled our resources, we could probably pick up a
used C-123 for pretty cheap. Or maybe a Caravan?

Jim? Jack? Montblack? You guys in?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 15th 05, 07:29 PM
Jay Honeck

[...]

Clearly you have lost your mind, Jim.

Let's do it!

:-)

I've got room to store it and I'd even drive over to OSH the day before and
pick you up so we can get it tranported to your site, then after OSH I could
pull it home. The gate Nazi's be damned!

Um, well, hold on there, pardner. I don't know about the gate Nazis
letting us pull (and keep) a trailer onto the North 40 for a week --
especially not one with beer tappers and grills sticking out the sides!

Jim Weir, are you reading this? Montblack is good, and smooth as
refried beans when it comes to getting his van out to our campsite --
but whaddya think the EAA folks would say about such a contraption?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 15th 05, 07:59 PM
Jim Burns

Hehe... partypooper... Ok... gonna have to make it a "service vehicle".
Alexis Inn and Suites Mobile Airplane and Pilot Service
Jim Weir A&P/AI
Jay Honeck Crewchief
Make the trailer look like a mechanic's service vehicle (more orange lights)
Lots of diamond plate polished aluminum
Tool boxes to hold all the dry goods and non perishables

Standard opening line: "Sure I'd be happy to look at your plane, I'll even
take some pictures. How 'bout a beer?"

Old August 15th 05, 08:09 PM
RST Engineering

Politely, no. Impolitely, HELL no.

Jim

Old August 16th 05, 04:51 PM
John T

nonono! you got to convince them such a contraption would become a
institute of tradition! much like the red barn at the ultralights, or
the warbirds show, or...

well, you get the idea!

actually, I bet all you need is a orange and white checkered flag and
and flashing red light, and a window sticker of the correct color and
any old words on it (I doubt if they'd look close).

John

Old August 19th 05, 01:38 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Dave Stadt wrote:

Wasn't that a Burt Reynolds movie about convicts playing football?

He star'd in both of them...

He was most certainly not in the Longest Day.

I agree, but he was in both of the "Longest Yard" movies...

The Longest Yard (1974)
http://imdb.com/title/tt0071771

The Longest Yard (2005)
http://imdb.com/title/tt0398165

Oshkosh 2005 pictures up Owning 63 August 19th 05 01:38 PM
Oshkosh 2005 pictures up Home Built 4 August 11th 05 08:24 AM
Oshkosh Pictures Marv Home Built 2 August 2nd 05 01:14 AM
Oshkosh Pictures are up.. Dennis Instrument Flight Rules 0 August 8th 04 03:52 PM
Oshkosh Pictures are up.. Dennis Owning 0 August 8th 04 03:52 PM