Looking for older runway light fixtures

Old December 4th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

Default Looking for older runway light fixtures

We have some older runway threshold lights (L861 SE type) with
individual red and green lenses that are smooth as opposed to the ones
today that have some shape to them. These lenses are inside the clear
globe. They are about 17 years old and I can't find replacements.

Anyone know of a source to get older replacement items?

Ron Lee
Old December 8th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_5_]

"Ron Lee" wrote in message
We have some older runway threshold lights (L861 SE type) with
individual red and green lenses that are smooth as opposed to the ones
today that have some shape to them. These lenses are inside the clear
globe. They are about 17 years old and I can't find replacements.

Anyone know of a source to get older replacement items?

Do you by chance live in Montana? Not sure if they have what you need.

http://www.mdt.mt.gov/aviation/resale-program.shtml

If you don't live there, I would call them anyway. They might tell you where
they get there supply or maybe even sell you what you need if you pour on
the sweet-talkin'!

Marco

Old December 9th 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

Thanks Marco, it looks like they may have some of what I need. Never
hurts to ask. All they can say is no.

Ron Lee

Old December 9th 08, 08:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gpsman

On Dec 8, 10:13*pm, (Ron Lee) wrote:
Thanks Marco, it looks like they may have some of what I need. * Never
hurts to ask. *All they can say is no.

They're Montanans. Chances are best they'll bend over backwards to
assist you.
-----

- gpsman
Old December 10th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

gpsman wrote:

On Dec 8, 10:13=A0pm, (Ron Lee) wrote:
Thanks Marco, it looks like they may have some of what I need. =A0 Never
hurts to ask. =A0All they can say is no.

They're Montanans. Chances are best they'll bend over backwards to
assist you.
-----

- gpsman

And you are right. I called today and they will. Good people.

Ron Lee

Older Bo's The Weiss Family Owning 13 July 13th 04 05:34 PM
Older airframes Jim Naval Aviation 14 June 27th 04 08:31 AM
New law for older airplanes? Jim B Owning 25 May 13th 04 08:26 PM
Older versions of X-plane Fred the Red Shirt Simulators 0 March 20th 04 10:23 PM
Runway light intensity John Mireley Simulators 0 September 18th 03 03:17 PM