Spot 2 vs Spot 1

Old June 18th 10, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen[_3_]

Default Spot 2 vs Spot 1

I searched but could not find any identified issues with Spot 2
RECENTLY. Are the SPOT 2 devices working well? Or should I purchase a
SPOT 1. Thanks, Steve
Old June 18th 10, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Jun 18, 8:02*am, Stephen wrote:
I searched but could not find any identified issues with Spot 2
RECENTLY. Are the SPOT 2 devices working well? Or should I purchase a
SPOT 1. *Thanks, Steve

i really like my SPOT 2. there were some early complaints about
battery life but im still running the original batteries and probably
have about 50 hrs of run time on the device.
Old June 18th 10, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jun 18, 7:02*am, Stephen wrote:
I searched but could not find any identified issues with Spot 2
RECENTLY. Are the SPOT 2 devices working well? Or should I purchase a
SPOT 1. *Thanks, Steve

I replaced my earlier SPOT with the new SPOT 2. I LIKE IT. The buttons
are user-friendly. Battery life has not been an issue (It worked well
throughout the Region 9 contest at El Tiro on the same batteries it
came with, and that I had already used on flights back at homebase).

My favorite feature is the Comment button. Every couple of hours, I'll
send an OK message. But my sons can't tell which one is the last OK
message for the day. With the addition of the comment button, at the
end of the day I send the comment, "Done flying for the day. All is
well." With this, my sons don't have to wonder whether or not I'm
still flying.

Raul Boerner
Old June 18th 10, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Jun 18, 7:20*am, wrote:
[...]

Same here. The Spot 2 UI is much better, I get no gaps in my trace
thanks to better/redundant transmissions, and so far have at least 50
hours on the batteries.

Ramy

Spot deal, today only, buy service get a free Spot Tim Taylor Soaring 3 December 1st 08 11:30 PM
SPOT GPS jeplane Soaring 17 February 5th 08 06:23 AM
SPOT D.Rizzato General Aviation 0 February 5th 08 02:04 AM
SPOT D.Rizzato Restoration 0 February 5th 08 01:46 AM
SPOT D.Rizzato Home Built 0 February 5th 08 01:39 AM