Roof Rack for bikes on a cobra clamshell top?

Old April 23rd 18, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
xcnick

Default Roof Rack for bikes on a cobra clamshell top?

On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 7:43:32 AM UTC-7, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
OK, that is a very radical Bike! Well done.

Thanks, have enduro BBSHDs for the summer if you find an off day in Truckee, but the mutant was great winter fun when not flying wave or skiing powder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVT4akEyWDc

Old May 2nd 18, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dieter Jaeger

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 11:27:34 AM UTC-4, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
Here is the link to pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHskwtvXc4

Really cool. Got to copy that. -Dieter
Old May 2nd 18, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 2:43:35 PM UTC-7, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
I have searched discussions on bike racks and trailers. I tend not to like the trailer hitch extension solution as stability is compromised, as well as access to the car or trailer hatches. Has anyone installed a traditional roof rack on top of a fiberglass Cobra trailer? Looking to support one E-Bike up there.

Thanks for any experience or suggestions.

Matt

I used a 2 bike rack on top of an aluminum top Cobra trailer - it worked fine -
not flying now so will sell it for $150 plus shipping - rhwoody at earthlink.net
970-925-3960 - photos available
Old May 12th 18, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 1:43:35 PM UTC-8, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
I have searched discussions on bike racks and trailers. I tend not to like the trailer hitch extension solution as stability is compromised, as well as access to the car or trailer hatches. Has anyone installed a traditional roof rack on top of a fiberglass Cobra trailer? Looking to support one E-Bike up there.

Thanks for any experience or suggestions.

Matt

You can get a dual receiver extension (https://www.amazon.com/Bicycle-Recei.../dp/B000P6CJ9O) that would permit the use of a receiver mounted bike rack. Years ago, I got a bike rack that clamped around a receiver extension tube, but can't find it now.

I would not put a bike rack on top of your glider trailer. The trailer was never designed to take this load, and repeated pounded by the bikes and rack on top of the trailer could damage it.

Tom