2019 Standard and Sports Class Nationals at Caesar Creek Soaring Clubin Waynesville, Ohio Jun 22 - July 1

Old April 9th 19, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2019 Standard and Sports Class Nationals at Caesar Creek Soaring Clubin Waynesville, Ohio Jun 22 - July 1

Hi all the potential contestants,

We're sprucing up the gliderport to have it ship shape for the contest this summer.

I'm going to be flying in the 1-26 Championships in May to get all the contest blood out of my system before I settle down to manage the Nats.

Please consider flying around the beautiful Little and Great Miami River Valleys this summer. We're looking for several more competitors.

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

http://www.soarccsc.com/contests/

2019 Standard and Sports Class Nationals
2019 Standard and Sports Class Nationals
What: 2019 Standard and Sports Class Nationals
When: Thursday June 20 until Monday July 1
Whe Caesar Creek Soaring Club, 5385 Elbon Road, Waynesville, Ohio; 513-932-7627
Contest manager: Chuck Lohre, 513-260-9025,
Contest director: John Lubon, 513-543-9154
Scorer: Guy Byars, 513-307-1484
Tow pilot chief: Tim Christman
Tow pilots:
– Don Green
Scales: Steve Statkus, 513-576-9080
Retrieve desk: Harolyn Burns, c937-430-1345
Registration: Norm Leets, 513-897-0814
Tow ropes: Don Burns
Launch chiefs:
– Otis Lewis, 513-934-0428
– Andrew Dignan, c513-372-4499
– Joe Jaap
– Mark Hanlon
– Ross Bales
– Joe Jackson
– Sami Rintala, with Lucas Rintala & Nick Rintala
Hospitality: Lucy Ann McKosky
Entertainment manager: Tom McDonald, 859-331-2841

We expect 20 to 30 contestants. Restricted club activity will be in operation. From 9 until Noon, training flights can take place (radio required). After the launch, private club ships will be able to fly (radio required). The contest practice days are Thursday and Friday. The contest starts Saturday and we’ll only use the last Monday if we need it. To register go to the SSA racing page.

Event documents

Schedule:
Thursday June 20, 2019 – Practice day
– 10 am Mandatory pilot’s meeting
Friday June 21, 2019 – Practice day
– 10 am Mandatory pilot’s meeting
– 6 pm Free dinner on-site
Saturday June 22, 2019 – First contest day
– 10 am Mandatory pilot’s meeting
Sunday June 23, 2019 – Second contest day
– 10 am Mandatory pilot’s meeting
– 7 pm Offsite dinner at restaurant (please sign up with Chuck)
Monday June 24, 2019 – Third contest day
– 10 am Mandatory pilot’s meeting
– 6 pm Onsite dinner (please sign up with Chuck)
Tuesday June 25, 2019 – Fourth contest day
– 10 am Mandatory pilot’s meeting
– 7 pm Offsite dinner at restaurant (please sign up with Chuck)
Wednesday June 26, 2019 – Fifth contest day
– 10 am Mandatory pilot’s meeting
Thursday June 27, 2019 – Sixth contest day
– 10 am Mandatory pilot’s meeting
– 6 pm Onsite dinner (please sign up with Chuck)
Friday June 28, 2019 – Seventh contest day
– 10 am Mandatory pilot’s meeting
– 7 pm Offsite dinner at restaurant (please sign up with Chuck)
Saturday June 29, 2019 – Eighth contest day
– 10 am Mandatory pilot’s meeting
– 6 pm Onsite dinner (please sign up with Chuck)
Sunday June 30, 2019 – Ninth contest day
– 10 am Mandatory pilot’s meeting
– 6 pm Awards ceremony
Monday July 1, 2019 – Tenth contest day (if needed)
– 10 am Mandatory pilot’s meeting

Fees:
– Tows $50
– Aero Retrieve $100 per hour tach time, 1/2 hour minimum

Amenities:
– Open grills and charcoal
– 30 amp RV hookups, you can fill up your water from our tank, $10 per night
– Plenty of camping spaces available, $5 per night without electric
– Refrigerator available for you to store food
– Showers, kitchen and computer use in clubhouse. Free Wi-Fi at & near clubhouse.
– Contest polo-shirts available by pre-purchase with your tail number on sleeve, contact Chuck
– Volunteers receive a long sleeve, pocket contest t-shirt. Also available for pre-purchase.
– Help coordinating those that are self crewing
– Lots of great local attractions such as the Air Force Museum, King’s Island and attractions in Cincinnati, Dayton and Columbus
– Waynesville is a village in Wayne Township, Warren County, Ohio, United States. The population was 2,834 at the 2010 census. It is named for General “Mad” Anthony Wayne. The village, located at the crossroads of U.S. Route 42 and State Route 73, is known for its antique stores and its annual sauerkraut festival. Wikipedia page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waynesville,_Ohio
– Hotels: 3-star averaging $99. View hotels https://bit.ly/2WUnfNJ

--
Best Regards,
Chuck Lohre,