SRA poll open (USA)

Old September 19th 03, 05:11 AM
Mark Navarre

Default SRA poll open (USA)

Where is the announcement? Where is the link to the survey? I managed to find
a link on www.glider.com by accident but it says "election". Nothing on the
SSA website. This is only the latest of many tiny seeds of disillusionment
that have been planted in me regarding sailplane racing in the USA. Keep 'em
coming......
-
Mark Navarre
ASW-20 OD
California, USA
-
Old September 20th 03, 01:03 AM
cindyb

Mark:

Just so folks can't kick at the SSA unjustly,

my notice of the opinion poll arrived in my home mailbox on a green
postcard.
It was postmarked from Hobbs on 9/8.
It gave a link for the survey and announced the opening date as 9/18 through
10/2. I presume that it was mailedd to all ranked pilot,s the folks who
have
already shown an interest in the rules process.

It only requires an SSA member number to log in, so also presumably you
could
participate, even if you were not an already ranked pilot ( I haven't tried
enter my poll yet).
http://206.168.3.4/survey/surveys.php

Addtionally, Karl Striedieck posted the opening of the poll to the web,
today.
Pretty timely, since it opened yesterday or today. If we notify toooo much
in
advance, folks forget or disregard and fail to participate.

For those who are also interested in the rules revision process,
try using the SSA.org page, click the top on Contests, then use the side
column of links, and click on the Annual Rules Schedule.
Or read last year's poll results, or contest rules.... that will give you a
leg up on the discussions.

I won't join the ras debate team on rules, just point folks toward the
avenue to
participate in the discussion. . . . .The SRA has provided a participation
vehicle.

Did you really want me to plant more disillusionment?
Won't play that game. :-)

Cindy