VFR Routes to Vegas (Mountians)

Old April 1st 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sam Boyer

Default VFR Routes to Vegas (Mountians)

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find out where to get VFR Routes
from the East coast to Vegas? I heard the FAA published them at one time but
don't know if they do anymore? I would like to stay below 10,000MSL.

Old April 1st 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Apr 1, 11:01 am, "Sam Boyer" wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find out where to get VFR Routes
from the East coast to Vegas? I heard the FAA published them at one time but
don't know if they do anymore? I would like to stay below 10,000MSL.

There are Victor airways on IFR charts you can use to get an idea of
the lowest routes through mountainous areas, though VFR does not have
to abide by MEAs.

Dan Mc
Old April 1st 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
MikeMl

Sam Boyer wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find out where to get VFR
Routes from the East coast to Vegas? I heard the FAA published them at
one time but don't know if they do anymore? I would like to stay below
10,000MSL.

I80 to SLC, then I15 to LAS
Old April 1st 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

MikeMl wrote:
Sam Boyer wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find out where to get VFR
Routes from the East coast to Vegas? I heard the FAA published them at
one time but don't know if they do anymore? I would like to stay below
10,000MSL.

I80 to SLC, then I15 to LAS

What max altitude MSL for that route?
Old April 1st 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Apr 1, 11:50 am, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:
MikeMl wrote:
Sam Boyer wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find out where to get VFR
Routes from the East coast to Vegas? I heard the FAA published them at
one time but don't know if they do anymore? I would like to stay below
10,000MSL.

I80 to SLC, then I15 to LAS

What max altitude MSL for that route?

Those are interstate Highways...
Old April 1st 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

wrote:
MikeMl wrote:
Sam Boyer wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find out where to get VFR
Routes from the East coast to Vegas? I heard the FAA published them at
one time but don't know if they do anymore? I would like to stay below
10,000MSL.
I80 to SLC, then I15 to LAS

What max altitude MSL for that route?

Those are interstate Highways...

I understand. And in order to fly at X feet AGL I need to know what GL
is. Last time I checked we express that in feet above MSL.
Old April 1st 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Apr 1, 12:00 pm, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:

I understand. And in order to fly at X feet AGL I need to know what GL
is. Last time I checked we express that in feet above MSL.

It wasn't apparent you were going along with the "I80 to SLC"
recommendation...

Old April 1st 08, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

That's my Oshkosh route on I-80, at least to Iowa City. You can do it at
8.5, but 10.5 feels a HELL of a lot better between Scottsbluff and Rawlins.
Can't speak to the I-15 route, but doubt that it is much higher. Instead of
I-80 between Wyoming and SLC, cut off of I-80 about 20 miles west of
Evanston WY and go across Morgan COunty airport and then direct Ogden
through Joseph?? Pass, then south over SLC to pick up I-15.

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...

Old April 1st 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

I believe the I-80 - SLC then I-15 to LAS pretty much keeps you
to 9500 MSL but watch out for the MOAs around SLC.

What isn't clear is what part of the East Coast the OP is coming from.
The I-80 route is fine for the north side. But if coming from the south
part, I-10/I-20/I-40 works very well, again, with no need to go above
10.5K. Check the sectionals..