whats a good place to find fly-in schedules

Old December 21st 03, 10:53 PM
w b evans

Default whats a good place to find fly-in schedules

Every year the time gets away from me and I seem to miss certain fly-ins in
my tristate area. Where are most of these posted?
Can anyone help?
Thanks
walt evans
NX140DL

Old December 21st 03, 11:51 PM
Errol Groff

I don't have an answer as to where a list might be posted but I do
wonder where your tri-state area is.

NY, NJ CT? Perhaps Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri?

A hint might be helpful.

Errol Groff
EAA 60159

Old December 22nd 03, 06:18 AM
Joe

Doug Reeves keeps an RV fly-in schedule at http://www.vansairforce.net/.

You might also check with you local FBO for local fly-ins as local groups
tend to hold their fly-ins about the same time each year.

One other source is your local EAA chapter. You can get the email address
from the EAA website. Just type in http://www.eaa.org/chapters/default.asp.
At the top of the page click on Locate a Chapter.

Joe
RV-4 N74JL

Old December 22nd 03, 06:46 AM
StellaStar

I seem to miss certain fly-ins in
my tristate area.

Each state likely has an aviation division in its transportation department.
Start with www.state.xx.us and replace the xx with the 2-letter designator for
your state.

Then fish around for DOT, transportation or aviation...there's likely to be a
search window. No guarantees the state will be keeping track of things like
flyins, but many do try to offer info for the use of pilots.
Old December 22nd 03, 07:45 AM
RR Urban

"w b evans" wrote:

Every year the time gets away from me and I seem to miss certain fly-ins in
my tristate area. Where are most of these posted?
Can anyone help?
Thanks
walt evans
NX140DL

I don't have an answer as to where a list might be posted but I do
wonder where your tri-state area is.

NY, NJ CT? Perhaps Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri?

A hint might be helpful.

Errol Groff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

N140DL is registered w b evans in NJ.

http://162.58.35.241/acdatabase/defimg.asp

Barnyard BOb --
Old December 22nd 03, 01:00 PM
Scott

http://www.flyins.com/

Sign up for their E-Mail list and you can select your areas of interest and
they will automatically email the fly in dates to you...

Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com
Building RV-4
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Old December 22nd 03, 10:31 PM
w b evans

Scott and all,
Thanks, I'll give those leads a try.

--
walt evans
NX140DL

Old December 23rd 03, 05:45 PM
Cy Galley

Another good place is the "Event's Calendar" http://www.eaa.org/events/ on
the www.eaa.org website. Here event organizers and well as event searchers
can enter or get fly-in dates and location.
--
Cy Galley
Editor, EAA Safety Programs